BA stolen contents from lost luggage

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We arrived in Bud on BA 868 on 18 may. One piece of luggage did not arrive. 36 hrs later it arrived but lots of contents were missing [stolen]. BA has not responded to our claim. HELP.
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 05:16 AM

What have you done so far to pursue the claim? Have you submitted paperwork? Have you phoned their after-sales service? How many times have you called?

I had a problem with BA a few months ago (they took forever to process a refund). I let it slide for a while, and then started working on it. I would phone their customer service centre about once a week and start off the conversation with "Hi. This is my weekly call to follow up on the x other calls I've made during the past x months to resolve a refund claim that you haven't processed yet. May I speak to your supervisor please?" It was a complicated file, and did take them several tries to sort out, but I did find that my opening line got me put through to a supervisor quite quickly and usually got them focused on trying to move the file along another step."
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

I have been unable to speak to a person. Doyou have a phone number I can call? Paper work has been sent by mail & e-mail. Thanks for help. Also I used AA FF tickets & AA says they are not involved.
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 09:01 AM

If you're calling from the US, try:

1-800-828-8144 (Please quote your ten digit file reference (e.g. JFKBA12345)

Alternatively, try 1-800-AIRWAYS and tell them that you want to speak to a supervisor in Customer Relations because your requests for compensation relating to the theft of items in delayed baggage have not not received a response yet.
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Kate W. BA phone lines that you gave me were the worst. The agents put me on hold for 45 minutes twice, once we got[?] disconnected & once told me to send an E-mail to customer services about my problem. Someone told me to write the BBB in Elmhurst NY>