Armrest that rise??

Search

Armrest that rise??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Armrest that rise??

I'm getting ready to book KLM from LAX to AMS and need to know if the armrests rise on the 747's that they use. I need to buy 2 seats and have the arm rest up when flying. Thanks for any help.
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 10:53 PM

Yes, for most seats, but not for exit row and bulkhead seats. Take a look at this: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/KLM...7-400_full.php

Mouse over the seats in that diagram to see descriptions. I would try to find the seatmap at the KLM website and compare it with the seatguru map.

I suggest you call the airline to be sure to get what you want.
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

thank you...I DID check out seat guru. But I also found specs of the 747's that show a black dot on all the aisle seats that states "movable armrests". So now I'm wondering if the interior armrests move up and down as well, since this spec only had black dots on the aisle seats and why not black dots on all seats? see what I mean? hummm? I try so hard not to invade others space, but can't seem to get a straight answer from KLM. They ALSO check out seatguru to try and help me. What I need is a direct line to the gate check for someone to walk out to the plane and check these out...but I know that's impossible!
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 10:26 AM

Those indicate the outside armrest is also moveable. The inside ones can almost always rise, though depends on the seat manufacturer and model, they don't necessarily go flush with the seatbacks.