Another CDG transit time question

Aug 10th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

Another CDG transit time question

I was going to book a flight with less lay over time through CDG, but after reading all these posts about two hours not being enough, I am concerned! One flight would give me 3 hours and 25 minutes, the other one hour and 25 minutes to connect to a flight to Naples. I have flown out of CDG a couple of times, but never landed and caught another flight there. I would be flying Delta in, AF out on the shorter lay over and AF for both on the longer. comments?
Aug 11th, 2011, 02:55 AM

On the way to Naples, I would accept the flight with the short (1h25) connection. Your luggage will go to the NAP flight without your having to pick it up, and terminal 2F (where the CDG-NAP flight departs from) is efficient and relatively compact. As long as your flight from the US is relatively on-time, you'll have no trouble. And, if the ex-US flight is late and you do miss the early flight, you can take the later flight.

On the way back, though, I'd allow at least 2 hours. You will have additional security for the US flight, and check-in requirement times may be longer.

Don
Owner ... Don Topaz Travel
Aug 11th, 2011, 03:56 AM

Have made short turn arounds on all your carriers in CDG

a very nice airport and quite seamless connexions

Personally carry on onebag.com saves a lot of hassle and time

Bag fees too...
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

thanks, Don, I would be taking the same flight to Naples, no matter which time I get into CDG - the next flight on AF to Naples would be in the afternoon.
Aug 11th, 2011, 05:43 AM

Are you flying from North America? CDG is very unpredictable, with Passport Control and security being the big variables. I have made it through in as little as 20 minutes, when there was no pressure to catch a connecting flight. But earlier this year, there were a lot of flights arriving about the same time as our flight, and it took nearly two hours just to clear passport control. Then, the bus from the terminal to the tarmack for our connecting flight left 15 or 20 minutes before takeoff. Needless to say, my wife and I missed the connecting flight, even though we booked it with a turnaround time of two hours and five minutes. You can gamble on the shorter connection time, but I will not book another connection there with less than a three hour turnaround. If I can avoid it, I will not fly into CDG or out of it again unless I get to spend at least one night in Paris. If just passing through, I would look at other, more efficient, airports, such as Amsterdam.
Aug 11th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

thanks!