airline on-time performance website/CDG connections SFOtoVCE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone out there know of a website which show the on-time performance of different airlines? Iam particularly interested in Air France out of SFO.
Also, if anyone has taken the route SFO to VCE via CDG. We have only 35 min in CDG. The airline says the terminals are close and its a legal connection....really?
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 08:28 AM

I think that's cutting it too close. If there's even a slight delay on your SFO-CDG flight, you won't make it. Terminal locations can sometimes change. Our LAX-CDG flight in January was supposed to land at 2F and ended up landing at 2A instead. Is there a later connection to VCE available?
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

There are later flights but Air France keeps saying "dont worry, be happy" if we are late then they put us on the next plane...there are 3 more. Jeesh.
This is the best connection for us. Our flt from sfo leaves at 415p, it comes from Paris at 1225p earlier that day. This gives me hope itll be on time. They said its a 10 min walk from terminal 2c to 2f. Iam sure theres lines for passport checks etc. anyone experience this?
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

The 10 minute walk iam referring to is from 2c to 2f in CDG.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 06:38 PM

Passport check was quick, no lines, but we were in business class and I don't know if the lines started to get longer after we went through. Perhaps you should post this on the Europe board and see if anyone has done the transfer from 2C to 2F.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 07:20 PM

If you have already booked the tickets, then there's little you can or you should do. Just be prepared that you may not make the connection, and have to take the next CDG-VCE flight, which I think is 3 hours later.

35 minutes is very tight. 2C and 2F are seperated by the TGV station, and on opposite sides. But you can always hope that the SFO-CDG flight may get there early.

If you haven't booked the tickets yet, and you want to get to Venice before 5, then consider taking KLM via AMS instead. It leaves SFO just slightly earlier, at 4pm, with a more leisurely 2-hour connection at AMS. Gets to VCE at around 3pm.

KLM's price is often about the same as AF (same company now), and you can get same FF miles on many fares.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

I guess I was just trying to find someone who does this route and tell me it is doable. We have the tkts already. I guess ill just go with the flow.
Anyone know of a website for on time performance?
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 06:02 AM

While some domestic airlines will post on-time performance of some of its flights, most don't post their international routes; and I'm not aware of any place where you can find a particular AF flight.

What you can do is check the flight status everyday from now till your departure, and do your own statistics.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 08:35 AM

I saw your other post that you're boarding a cruise in Venice. Will you be flying in the day of embarkation? If so, what time does the ship sail? That would be my only concern. Otherwise since you've already purchased the tickets and have 3 additional flight options that day, I'd say don't worry about it.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Patty

We are going a few days before the cruise.
I did find a flight tracker that has some back dated info on flights and it seems that our connection is the arrv from sfo is early and the flight out of Paris to Venice is late. so iam keeping my fingers crossed itll happen for us.
The BIG reason iam concerned is that ive read on this forum and many others that CDG is horrible for connections.
I just wondered if anyone had done this connection and had a comment on it. Iam going, regardless. Thank you posting.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 09:22 AM

Here's a recent thread on flyertalk about the transfer from 2C to 2F:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=18562

Scroll down to post #8 which describes the transfer process from 2C to the Schengen area of 2F (the first few posts in that thread discuss the transfer process for connections to non-Schengen countries).

I would pack a change of clothing in your carry on just in case your bags don't make it with you on the same flight. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!