Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Add Marrakech to Sevilla/Cadiz itinerary??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2018, 02:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've arranged a trip to Seville and Cadiz for late winter, 2019. I would fly to Sevilla with a stop in MAD, take train to Cadiz, and then fly out of Jerez airport, either to back home, or to Marrakech. Looks like Iberia would require flying from Jerez to MAD, making connection to Marrakech, and then flying back to MAD from Marrakech to connect with JFK-bound flight.

My miles are on Flying Blue.
I have never flown Easy Jet and cause I tend to shop a lot, would probably have a large, heavy suitcase.

Are there any other options for me besides iberia? I think TAP (??) But anything Flying Blue?
Getting back to JFk from Marrakech--RAM does not sound like a great airline and they are outside of alliances. (??) I am willing to spend cash for the business ticket if need be.

Even though Marrakech is so close to Cadiz, the flight planning makes me dizzy..granted that is not my strong point to begin with! If anyone wants to tackle this, I'd be so grateful, and want to thank everyone who responded here to my past queries and who will respond, I hope, to this one....
Old Aug 28th, 2018, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a smidgen of hope. The good news is that Air Europa is a Flying Blue partner, and they have flights between Madrid and Marrakech. The bad news is (1)Air Europa does not appear to fly between Madrid and either Jerez or Sevilla; (2)the Air Europa flights to Marrakech operate only on Thursday and Sunday; and (3)the flight to Marrakech leaves at 9:55PM and the return flight leaves at 11:45pm. Not exactly convenient.

From Lisbon, TAP is your only option, but that's not Flying Blue. If you can get to Paris, Air France has a daily morning flight to Marrakech.

There's another way for the adventurous. You could take a fairly short trip to Algeciras, then the ferry to Tangier, and then train to Marrakech. I did this some time ago (1973, actually), and it was memorable. Not sure that I'd recommend it, though.
Old Aug 28th, 2018, 10:01 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Are you mentioning the Flying Blue issue because you want to use miles for the trip, or because you want to earn miles whenever possible? Are your miles with FB or with another Skyteam airline, probably Delta?

The reason for asking is that Skyteam is pretty weak in southern Europe and north Africa, and you'll probably end up making long zigzags through Paris or Amsterdam if you want to stay on member airlines. TAP charges $74 for a one-way flight from SVQ to RAK via Lisbon ($148 RT) and if it was me I'd just make it easy on myself and do that. Business class is a waste as it will be on a commuter plane between SVQ and LIS, and Euro-style business class (i.e. coach seating) for the short flights to/from RAK.

If you're flying in business class, TAP's fares over the Atlantic are pretty good, their service isn't bad, and if you want FB miles, just buy some using the savings you'd have on the overall trip compared to flying on Delta, Air France or KLM over the water. https://thepointsguy.com/2016/06/tap...30-biz-review/
Old Aug 29th, 2018, 04:44 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Eks, if you do go to Marrakech, tne Sofitel Palais Imperial is a beautiful place to stay. It also has a fabulous breakfast buffet featuring local foods as well as international.