AC 787-8 Dreamliner

Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
AC 787-8 Dreamliner

I'm looking for comments on flying business class in Air Canada's Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. Good, bad, indifferent? The flight would be FF tixs from Japan to US. Thanks!
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 06:19 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry I canít comment on Air Canadaís flights but did fly Dreamliner a couple of times. Since the windows darken rather than having shades I want to warn you not to sit on the side where the sun is visible. I had the sunís orb in my left eye for the whole 13 hour flight from Amman, Jordan toChicago ORD. Not good.
Old Dec 9th, 2020, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YouTube carries an assortment of reviews, comments and details on AC business and other classes. Proceed with caution for those posters venting a grudge. It cannot be assumed that evaluations from before the start of the pandemic will still be valid now.
Old Dec 9th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Southam View Post
YouTube carries an assortment of reviews, comments and details on AC business and other classes. Proceed with caution for those posters venting a grudge. It cannot be assumed that evaluations from before the start of the pandemic will still be valid now.
What makes you think comments pre pandemic could be different fro post pandemic comments?

Yes, I have flown the dreamliner on other airlines. Never had the sun issue you mention, but I will be careful in the future.
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 08:54 AM

I wouldn't think issues related to a plane itself would change with the pandemic, I don't personally see a connection, but who knows.

I've flown in one once and hated it. Mainly the window issue really bugged me a lot as I was sitting next to the window. I don't know how anyone could not notice that, it's a feature of the plane as I understand it. It isn't even just bright sun but any light, you cannot get darkness which ruins a lot of things (like videos, sleep, etc). At least for sleep, you can put on an eye mask, but you can't do anything if it ruins something you are watching on a screen. It is visible anywhere, just like any window, but it might not be as bad if you had an aisle seat, maybe. It's basically just like sunglasses (the window), only not even a very dark tint.
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Christina View Post
I wouldn't think issues related to a plane itself would change with the pandemic, I don't personally see a connection, but who knows.

I've flown in one once and hated it. Mainly the window issue really bugged me a lot as I was sitting next to the window. I don't know how anyone could not notice that, it's a feature of the plane as I understand it. It isn't even just bright sun but any light, you cannot get darkness which ruins a lot of things (like videos, sleep, etc). At least for sleep, you can put on an eye mask, but you can't do anything if it ruins something you are watching on a screen. It is visible anywhere, just like any window, but it might not be as bad if you had an aisle seat, maybe. It's basically just like sunglasses (the window), only not even a very dark tint.
Hmmm...maybe my flight was in the night? And then into the sun in the am as landing--hmmm..not really difficult to understand how I havent experienced it if one thinks about it.
Old Dec 11th, 2020, 05:42 AM

Pre versus post? Well, we aren't "post" yet, we're still in it. But, for instance, food service has been radically adjusted on some airlines. Seating arrangements may have been altered. I have read that Delta is making major reconfigurations on its trans-Atlantic services. So my attitude is, be cautious about older advice.
Old Dec 11th, 2020, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Southam View Post
Pre versus post? Well, we aren't "post" yet, we're still in it. But, for instance, food service has been radically adjusted on some airlines. Seating arrangements may have been altered. I have read that Delta is making major reconfigurations on its trans-Atlantic services. So my attitude is, be cautious about older advice.
Gotcha! I wasnt thinking about food and was focused on comfort of the seat. But I see your point. Thanks!