AA Plat Challenge -- Quick Question

Sep 19th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

AA Plat Challenge -- Quick Question

I should have called earlier but customer service is closed. I'm leaving tomorrow and I think it opens at 10:30 am, which I think is central. But I'm going to be on a flight.

Can they back date the challenge? I seem to recall the answer is yes because it starts on the 1st and 15th of each month?

Thanks!
Sep 19th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

By the way, the Plat challenge now costs $200. I guess whether it's worth the money depends on how much I expect to fly afterwards.
Sep 19th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Hey Gardyloo, if you're reading this....

So you wrote in 2004:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...hallenges.html

"You can sign up any time, it's just that the challenges start on the 1st or the 16th. You can sign up on the 3rd for a start on the previous 1st (I did), provided you're not trying to get points already credited to your account 'grandfathered' into the challenge."

But someone wrote after you that he got grandfathered. Does someone know for sure? I'll call asap when I can, but I'm not sure when I can do so and by then, the points may have been credited already.

Thanks!
Sep 20th, 2009, 07:14 AM

Hi -

A lot have things have changed since 2004; however I think I recall hearing that they're still allowing a slight backdate to the enrollment. I would get on it as soon as you can get to a phone, and explain that you were on a plane when the office opened.
Sep 20th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Original Poster

Hey thanks. I managed to get them right when the office opened. I still had about 15 minutes before the flight pushed off. So it was fine.

Just transiting in Narita right now. Nice that internet access is free.