777 last 2 rows of 2 seats noisy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be taking a transPacific flight on a Delta 777 configured 3-3-3 in economy, but the last 2 rows just have 2 on each side due to shape of plane.

The seatguru seating chart shows just galley in back/no toilets, so I think getting two seats together on the side would be OK just 2 rows up from the galley. But I find it hard to believe there aren't toilets there too.

Has anyone been seated in the next to last row with 2 seats on the side? Is it noisy and people leaning on the seat back as they wait for toilets?

If so, I'll put us in 2 aisles across the middle section and hope no one fills in the middle seat.

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 08:53 AM

<b>Kay2</b>,

I have not flown on Delta 777, but your own posting begs this question. If there are no toilets in the back, why would you be concerned about people leaning on the seat backs, waiting for the toilet?
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 09:05 AM

Some of the lavatory/galley figures on seatguru.com are not 100% accurate. I've not flown DL's 777 either, but I am pretty sure there are lavatories back there.

I'm flying CO's 777 to HKG this Christmas by myself, and have the same dilemma. I decide to take a chance and get the window seat on the last row.

If there are two of you going, I'd take two aisle seats in the middle section, and leave the middle seat open. If the flight's not full, you have 3 seats for yourself. If it's full, switch seat with the person in the middle. Either way, you won't have to climb over a stranger or let a stranger climb over the two of you to get out. My parents' flown the 777 with 3-3-3 configuration like a dozen times, and that's how they do it (except when they upgrade or get upgraded to business, of course. )
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 09:06 AM
mjz

Kay2 - I've flown on the Delta B777 trans Atlantic, but only in Business Elite. So I did not go to the back of the aircraft to use the lavatory. Check out the Delta website, specifically aircraft configurations. It appears as if there are lavatories in the back of the aircraft, which only makes sense. Delta's website also shows a different seat configuration for the B777 versus seatguru showing an old and a new B777 configuration. If you have Medallion status, try and get an emergency row exit which will give you a lot of extra legroom.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 12:44 PM

Be aware that if you are only 2 rows up from the galley that the flight attendants will be back there preparing meals, chatting, etc which can make it difficult to sleep.