Search

Zambia here we come

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zambia here we come

Even though we are currently living in India, the call of Africa is far too strong. So we're off to Zambia on 2nd November for 12 nights (well I reckon having survived mid-40C in India, we can cope with the hottest Zambia can throw at us!).

Thanks to Destiny Africa our itinerary looks like this:

6 nights Luangwa River Lodge, SLNP
3 nights Puku Ridge, SLNP
Fly to Lower Zambezi
3 nights Chiawa camp, LZNP

This is our second trip to Zambia; the first was in March 2005 which was the emerald season so we're expecting things to look very different this time.

However, nothing is straightforward at the moment - just as we were about to finalise our flights (SAA Delhi - Mumbai - JNB - Mfuwe) my company decided to end my assignment early because they need me back in the UK. So with just over 2 weeks notice we are packing up our India life to return to the UK. Interestingly it's going to cost about double the amount to fly from Heathrow compared to the cost of the flights from Delhi - so the company have agreed to foot the bill

79 days and counting!

Ruth
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 01:33 AM

Ruthie, were you ready to leave India and come back to the UK or is it a bit of a shock?

Still - glad they are paying the difference in air fare and woo hoo about the Zambia trip!

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Original Poster

Hi Kavey,

It all came as a bit of a shock - we were expecting to be in India until at least the beginning of next year. But crisis in the London office means they want me back asap - I think I shall turn up to work in London with a large S on my shirt (Superwoman to the rescue)

The one thing I was very clear about was ........... nothing gets between us and the trip to Zambia!!!
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 03:18 AM

RuthieC
"Nothing gets between me and Zambia"
It's good to know you have your priorities in order!
Lily
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 05:21 AM

Ruthie - You will have a fabullous trip. can't wait to hear all about it - especially how things look in November - wish I could swing a quick trip over then myself! But am curious about how it all looks in Nov. Bon voyage and good luck with the move back. You've got lots going on!

Sharon
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 05:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
Good for you, Ruthie! You've been living in India and now you get to go to Zambia. How wonderful is that!

Even though November isn't that far away, I bet it will feel like it forever. Congrats!
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 06:02 AM

Ruthie, when will you be back in London? Would absolutely love to GTG!
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 07:40 AM
bat

ruthie:
That is great about the Zambia trip (the itinerary looks fabulous) and great that your employer will pay the difference--after all superwoman is coming to the rescue and so it is the least that they can do!
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the replies - never a dull moment with us!

Kavey, we're likely to be back in London sometime in the next 2 weeks. All our focus is on finding somewhere to live short term - we rented out our apartment for a year so we can't go "home" yet because we have to give our tenant notice. Once we're a little more settled I'll drop you a line re meeting up.