Zambezi Safari and Travel Co Ltd

Aug 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Zambezi Safari and Travel Co Ltd

Does anyone have any experience traveling with this company to Tanzania?
Aug 29th, 2008, 03:20 AM

I used this company for trip to Zambia and everything was well planned and communication was great. Don't have any experience with TAnzania.
Aug 29th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Kimwhits. Could you tell me a bit more about your experience with them? I am looking for a safari that is somewhat more active, with some walking, and off the beaten path. In Tanzania, they have mobile camps to follow the migration and visit less traveled spots.
Aug 29th, 2008, 08:27 AM

Nelle, they aren't an actual outfitter in Tanzania. From what I can see on their website, they use Nomad Tanzania. Why not contact Nomad directly and get a quote from them?
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, ShayTay. I'll do that!
Sep 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM

We contacted Nomad and they referred us back to Zambezi who're one of Nomad's preferred tour operators. I did a Zimbabwe/Zambia safari with them in 2006 which was great. So we've ended up arranging our Serengeti trip through Zambezi Safaris next March. Price was right and service was good.
Sep 16th, 2011, 01:43 PM

I used this company to book my trip next August to Zimbabwe. Chris in their Victoria Falls office has been wonderful to deal with.
Sep 16th, 2011, 07:14 PM

raelond~can I come with you next August? I need to get back to Zim!
Sep 17th, 2011, 08:10 AM

Dennis I would love to hear about your trip to Zimbabwe. Did you do a trip report?
Nov 12th, 2011, 04:52 PM

My wife and I used Jackie Pearson of Zambezi Safari and Travel(ZS&T) last year to organise both our climb up Mt Kili (Tanzania) and then a bit of R&R afterwards on a safari at Robin Pope Nsefu camp in the Luangwa River valley in Zambia. Via a mix of emails and Skype (Jackie in the UK and us in Australia) we had a lot of good fun with Jackie setting up the individual pieces of the package including airflights, a day trip in Dar Es Salaam, stopovers at the start and end of the climb and an overnight in Lusaka. All went like clockwork and I can't say a bad thing about how well Jackie and ZS&T were to deal with.

Both the climb up Kili (a bucket list achievement) and the safari are both unforgettable experiences at the opposite ends of comfort spectrum. The last hour predawn inching up to the Kili crater rim on scree isn't "fun" but the sense of achievement of what you have done 20000 ft up is brilliant. Conversely having an afternoon snooze after a decadent lunch at Nsefu and then waking to elephants eating the tree outside your window is pretty cool.

Follow Jackie's recommendations and you'll be pretty well assured of good value.
Nov 18th, 2011, 05:10 AM

We have travelled with Zambezi Safari Company 3 times now and are planning our next trip already! Jackie is a brilliant consultant and she always has great ideas and knows exactly what we like. I cannot rate them high enough and you will have a really great holiday with them.
Nov 20th, 2011, 03:33 AM

We have recently travelled to Victoria Fall Zimbabwe. Delene Dempster was an absolute help with arranging our activities - in short notice may I add. She dealt with our requests with professionalism, and that made us feel comfortable. The Zambezi staff in Zimbabwe were warm, professional and what a pleasure and enjoyed the stay. Our activities were well planned up to the minute. Thank you Delene and Zambezi Travel team.
Nov 21st, 2011, 01:41 PM

Interesting... the last two posts are OPW - one post wonders. Only joined Fodor's now to report on Zambezi Travel. I smell fish!
Nov 28th, 2011, 02:47 AM

Real people indeed.

More on Debbie and Steve at http://www.justgiving.com/debbieandsteve-degiorgio when they did their Kili climb in 2010.

There's lots more from them and others across here at http://www.zambezizone.com/ (just sort by client feedback)

Sandi, just to explain - somebody asked the question across here at Fodors so I pointed a few old friends in this direction. Good people in all cases, hopefully not just OPW's in anybody's eyes.

Thanks too for your steady input across here at Fodors.

Regards
John Berry (zambezi.com)
Dec 6th, 2011, 12:11 AM

We have used Zambezi Safari & Travel a few times since 2004, but only for trips to Zambia and Zimbabwe. We can truly recommend them: they are professional, punctual and renders excellent service even in a country like Zimbabwe where the infrastructure is not what it used to be. Karin Theron, South Africa
Dec 28th, 2011, 11:42 PM

I have used Zambezi Safari & Travel on 2 different ocassions -both to Victoria Falls, Zambia- & my experience has been excellent! They prompt, informative & professional on their response & arrangments, so I would never doubt to use them anywhere else! Congratulations to Delene & the whole team & a great 2012!
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:39 AM

... and the last two replies. Also joined to tout this tour operator from the original thread that's 3/yrs old.

Smells fishy to me!

Search this Thread