worthwhile cities in Morocco

Old Oct 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

worthwhile cities in Morocco

Hello all,

We are trying to determine which cities are worthwhile to see in Morocco.
We are basically interested in everything, and are open to new experiences, but we are limited to only 10-11 days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM

In my opinion, the don't miss cities in Morrocco are Fez. Rabat, Marekesh and Casablanca. You could do these in 11 days if you flew into Rabat and out of Casablanca. The city I would definitely avoid is Tangiers.
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 06:51 AM

If you have 11 days, you surely don't want to miss the desert via the Atlas Mountains. Our first week there in Augugst/September we spent in the cities and the second week we went to the desert from Marrakesh. Spent one night in the desert and had our guides take us to Essaouria for a two night stay before going back to Casablanca to the airport. Each area is so different and we are so glad we included it all... Casablanca to Rabat (voulbius), Fes, Meknes, Marrakesh, Ouarzazate, Todra Gorge, Merzouga, the desert, Atlas Mountains, Essaouria, back to Casablanca.
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 08:17 AM

Casablanca is a pit - I'd avoid that like the plague. Rabat, Fes, Marrakech, the desert at Merzouga, Chefchaouen, the High Atlas (Jebel Toubkal) - these are all wonderful!
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 08:01 PM

I'm going for a month in Jan/Feb, is it possible to visit the desert via the Atlas Mountains then? Snow?
Old Nov 22nd, 2006, 02:32 PM

You shouldn't stay much longer in Casablance than it takes you to see the HassanII Mosque, it is the most industrial city and your time would be far better spent in Fez which is a less frenetic version of Marrakesch. My recommendation, though would be to go out to the sahara and spend a night out in the dunes.