Search

visas on arrival ??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
visas on arrival ??

I have this posted under Uganda, but since Rwanda is visited more often I am repeating it here. We are flying into Uganda and driving into Rwanda. Is it possible/easy to buy our visas when we enter each country ? The Uganda tourism site says they are available at the airport but I would feel more relaxed hearing from someone who has done that. I actually don't think a visa is a requirement into Rwanda by Canadians. We are going in Feb/2008 and I prefer if possible not sending our passports off to Ottawa as we like to visit the US regularly. Any help much appreciated.
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM

I don't have an answer to your question but I have the same question going into Tanzania. Have any other Canadians obtained their Visa upon arrival or did you send the applications to Ottawa? Thanks.
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

We went to Kenya and Tanzania last Feb and bought our visas in both countries on arrival at the airports. It was very easy particulary in Tanzania. That is the reason this year if possible I would prefer to get them in Uganda...I don't like to be separated from my passport these days !!
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 08:33 AM

Thanks Norval! I don't like the thought of sending my passport off to Ottawa again when we leave for Africa in January. Last year it took us six weeks to get our Visa for China and you always worry that your passport has gone astray!
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Have a wonderful trip mcpats. The only reason we are off to Africa again this year is because our trip to Kenya and Tanzania last year was so amazing....we are hooked !! Enjoy
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 02:30 PM

Norval, I am afraid that I will get there and will not want to come back. I have been dreaming of this since I was 3 years old. I won't give away my age here but it's been a number of decades. We have 63 sleeps left before we go (not that I am counting). I'm hooked already! It looks like we will be in Africa about the same time. We'll have to compare stories when we return.