Travcotels Nile Cruise through Lady Egypt

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, My husband and I are booking a trip to Egypt through Lady Egypt Tours for this February/March with a Nile cruise. The cruise company they recommend is called Travcotels (http://www.travcotels.com/). Has anyone had any experience with them positive or negative?

We're a younger couple and would like a relaxed, but clean atmosphere. Would greatly appreciate any feedback - Thanks!
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:27 AM

Haven't heard of travcotels, but what are the names of the boats they use? You should be able to Google the names and see what level they are. There are many lower end boats that are dubious, and a few higher end ones that get rave reviews, but of course they're pricier.
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Hi LAleslie and thanks for your quick reply! They have about 12 boats we could possibly be on, we're still waiting for comfirmation on our boat name. Some are the Iberotel Crown Empress, Iberotel Crown Emperor, Crown Jewel, Crown Prince, Jaz Jubilee, Jaz Royale, etc. They are listed as 5 star deluxe. I will request the boat name and google it. Thanks!
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:15 AM

Travcotel sounds like it is a branch of Travco. Travco is the BIGGEST travel company in Egypt. It is HUGE. They are well respected. I suspect the hotels they are managing or booking are fine. Some of them might be out in 6 October though. Beware that the new hotels out there are WAAAAAAAYYYYY out of Cairo, but they will be new and clean and relaxed.
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:16 AM
P_M

I used Lady Egypt and I'm pretty sure I was on the Crown Jewel. It was the largest and nicest room I've ever had on a cruise ship, unfortunately I was at the very end of the ship right by the engines. Not a huge problem with my earplugs, but do avoid that if you can.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, P_M!!! I'll see if we can get on the Crown Jewel.