to leely

Reply

Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:27 AM
  #1
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 108
to leely

hi, have you managed to finalise your trip ? I'm still waiting for Sunny Safaris' confirmation of our lodge rooms, and getting a tiny bit nervous even if June seems far, most people seem to have already got their whole holiday planned out way sooner than that !
janischa28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Feb 3rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
  #2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,222
janischa,
Oh, yes, we did that months ago.This is the first time I planned a holiday so far in advance. The last time we went to TZ we bought tickets about 3 months ahead of time and then planned the safari So you're doing great. And the trouble with planning ahead is you second-guess and third-guess and fourth-guess your choices.

Don't worry; it'll all come together.
Leely is offline  
Reply With Quote
Feb 3rd, 2006, 07:37 AM
  #3
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 304
janischa, did you look into setting up any night game drives, and if so, what were you able to arrange? Thanks, Jack
wjsonl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Feb 5th, 2006, 11:11 PM
  #4
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 108
hi Jack, nope, I haven't set up any night drives yet.. at this moment still holding on for confirmation of Sunny Safaris.. if they confirm, I'm going to ask them if they can arrange a night game drive as well ? for the rest, I'm still trying to decide on a few days west kili or a few days zanzibar after our 11 day safari tour... will keep everyone posted... thanks leely for your re-assurance really needed it
janischa28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Feb 6th, 2006, 01:16 AM
  #5
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,252
janischa..for more assurance if you are on the waiting list at a lodge that is used by tours you are in exactly the same situation we were in last year for our first visit to Kenya - waiting for the regular, big tour companies to finalise their numbers - and we got all the rooms we wanted in the end (2-3 months in advance). Not sure if that is reassura-ing, but it is supposed to be... What I also did was make provisional back-up bookings at places that were not booked up, just in case. Your outfitter should be able to hold those for you without a penalty charge. However, I would guess you probably don't need to do that just yet.
kimburu is offline  
Reply With Quote
 



Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:52 PM.