The Outpost--Kruger National Park

Nov 8th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

The Outpost--Kruger National Park

Has anyone stayed at The Oupost before?
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:23 AM
africa_lover

Cleo,

I have not stayed there, but stayed at the Honeyguide tented camp, a camp in the Manyeleti reserve that belongs to the same owners .
If the food and the winelist is only half as good at the outpost as it is at Honeyguide, I would definitely recommend it.
I have here a brochure with me and it looks very good.Also see :
www.theoutpost.co.za

As I understand it, the outpost lies in the MAkuleke region which is far north in the Kruger park.

Is this the only place you would stay at in the Kruger area?

I do believe it would be great to go to the Outpost area and also to another private game reserve more south such as Sabi Sand or Timbavati or..

Nov 10th, 2005, 08:46 AM

africa-lover-

Can you share some more details about your stay at the Honeyguide tented camp at Manyeleti?

Thanks
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your feedback. Did you fly into Johannesburg? If, yes how did you get to Kruger National Park? Since we are going to Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, we are thinking that going that far south will be too far for us. So, we may go to a game reserve in the eastern cape.
Nov 18th, 2005, 01:56 AM
africa_lover

cruisinred,

About Honeyguide MAntobeni tented camp:
First of all, Manyeleti is not the place where you can expect to see all of the big five. We did not see any leopards, lions or other big predators here. And that seemed to be normal .
But as we came from Kings Camp Timbavati and still had to go to SImbambaili, Sabi SAnds, that didn't bother us.
Why?
1. The rangers (C.J) expecially, treated us so well, he's a superb guide, who can entertain everybody on the jeep even when there is not much to see.
2. The food in the camp , was very very high standard, "haute cuisine", the best food ever in a lodge.
3. it was fully inclusive, all wines, brandy, whiskey, .. were free, so no problem with bills afterwards
4. On several occasions , we could get out of the jeep to get closer to the animals, (always keeping a safe distance) so you really get the best bush experience ever.There is no off-road driving allowed in this park.
The first time we got out of the jeep was when we saw giraffes.
The second time was when we saw elephants, that was really amazing!
The third time, was , when we were having our sundowners at the waterfront, we saw 2 rhinos getting closer. Eventually we had to get back into the jeep.
5/ The tents are nice, not too much luxury, could use a little more electricity (light) at night.

We also visited Khoka Moya tented Camp briefly. If yo u want to get more details on that one, just ask..

hilde

Search this Thread