T-Mobile in Egypt?

Sep 8th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

T-Mobile in Egypt?

Anyone used this cell phone service in Egypt?
Sep 8th, 2005, 08:01 PM

I go in November, and I have Tmobile. I went to the TMobile site. You'll see there is extensive coverage in Egypt. I have used my phone in Italy, and Holland. Egypt should be no problem with a GSM phone. I have a Sidekick and my husband has the Samsung V205.
Sep 8th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. My local mall T-Mobile person was not too knowledgeable! I too have used it in Europe with great reception, often better than at home. We will be there in November too.
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

T-Mobile has told me both incoming and outgoing calls will be $1.99/minute. Is there a more reasonable way to call home? Do the major hotels add on fees as they do in the US?
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:53 AM

MY husband and I just returned from 2 weeks in Egypt and used our T-Mobile account the entire time. Service in country is provided by Vodafone, and I swear we had better reception over there,then at home. Mostly we used the text feature as it was less expensive.
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:35 AM

Conlet;

yes hotels have a service charge on your international (as well as local) calls.... since the introduction of roaming they have witnessed a drop on their income from telephone services.
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:11 AM

I travel extensively for work. I have T Mobile and find it erratic to say the least. Plus it's up to 5 bucks a minute in some Asian countries. If you have the time, get your simcard unlock code from T-mobile. When you get where you're going remove the simcard from the back of the phone and buy a prepaid local simcard and put that in. I assume that all the tri-band phones have a removable sim but I could be wrong. This will give you a local number that you can use cheaply. But you have to request the unlock code ahead of time. I hope this makes sense. I just did this in Australia and it works great. I'm going to do the same in South Africa assuming I can get a prepaid card.

Search this Thread