Anyone Fly Royal Jordanian Air?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're planning a trip to Egypt and Jordan and are having a tough time scheduling flights to Cairo and returning from Amman. We want to use miles. So far, the only flights available that don't make 2 or more stops with layovers and plane changes are on Royal Jordanian, with which we have no experience. The flights are non-stop in both directions, a big plus, but economy is the only section available. Flying economy on planes like the 777, which has seats that are reasonably comfortable with decent leg room, is fine, but this is a long flight to spend in a narrow, cramped seat. Been there, done that on a miserable flight to Nairobi, and I don't want to repeat that experience. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 08:53 AM

I haven't flown RJ recently, but when we did we had a stop in AMS (though no plane change).

Coach is coach or "last class" or "steerage" regardless the carrier. Can't get away from that. However, I recently flew Emirates from JFK/DXB, 12/hrs straight on and surprisingly survived and quite comfortable even with fully loaded plane. I probably slept 6/hrs total throughout and felt no pain.

As I've always found, anything after 8-10/hrs, is icing and you get where you're going! You can still get up and walk about, stretch to get the kinks out... I sure did!

I can only assume once in Amman you overnight before going onto Cairo? If so, you'll get a good night's sleep and not even remember it the next morning when you head to CAI.

If this is the only non-stop flight, just go for it!
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

The return flight from Amman to Chicago is non-stop, but checking the schedule again, the flight to Cairo stops in Amman where we would change planes and depart for Cairo 2 hours later. The schedule is quite good. I agree that most economy sections are cattle cars, but some are much more bearable than others. My concern is, how much of a cattle car would this RJ plane be?
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 01:37 PM

I think there are people on the "Airlines" forum who could answer this for you. Are you using American FF miles?
Jane
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Yes, we are using AA frequent flier miles, but we have lots of United miles too. They don't have a return flight at all at this point.

I didn't know there was an airlines forum. Thanks for telling me about it.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 05:47 PM

I have flown RJ a few times. Over all I was quite impressed. I have written reviews about them on my site http://www.bombasticlife.com - look under the "Things" catagory.