Search

San Park Fees

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Park Fees

It looks like we may get reservations for Safari Tent accomodation in Addo this October. When they discuss the Conservation Fee (not the accomodation itself) as being R150 per adult per day, does it mean you will be charged for three days when you stay in the Park for 2 nights?

I keep looking for that answer on their site (which is really very good for just about any other questions) but can't find out! Maybe once I get a response to my request, it will say something, but I thought I'd ask here as well.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 04:32 AM

I'm pretty sure that you get charged for two days. If you have a Wild Card, you don't pay the Conservation Fee at all, but you have to weigh the cost of the card against the total number of days you'll be in the parks, to see if it's a good deal or not. For only three days, I'm sure it's not.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

That's what I was thinking. Of course we'll be driving and spending 2 nights on the coast prior, so if we end up visiting another national park there, plus ADDO and possibly even another park up near Prince Albert on the the return to CPT, the Wild Card would clearly be worth it.

It looks like the Wild Card is R560 per COUPLE - but must be mailed to us...so I'm guessing we should get it now (our trip is October).
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM

Unless you are a resident of S Africa, the Wild Card per couple is R2195:

http://www.sanparks.org/wild/tourism/pricing.php

Last year our card did not arrive on time, but the email confirmation with ID worked fine. You can also buy it at the parks. It may depend on what time you leave whether or not you pay for 2 or 3 days. I don't know, but you could email them to find out.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

I was successful last night working with San Parks web site...yah, you are right, the Wild Card is R2190 per couple for non SA residents. We reserved two nights in Addo and among the response docs they sent is a good list of conservation fees for all the parks. It looks like it may be just as easy for us to pay the individual fees at each park. If we were gong to be there two weeks it would probably work well to get the card.

They did let me know that as overnight guests we would only be charged fees for 2 days.