Selinda Site updates

Old Mar 1st, 2007, 05:55 PM
santharamhari

Selinda Site updates

Hi! check out www.linyanti.com

they have updates for Feb and March....anyone travelling to the Selinda over the next few months will find some interesting information......i really am looking forward to my visit.

Also, read about the lion fight between the two coalitions of male lions.....the one eyed guy is real nasty and is not very camera friendly(at least on that ocassion).....saw them last August at lebala feasting on wildebeest.

Rgds,
Hari

Old Mar 1st, 2007, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the post Hari. I'll be at the newly refurbished Selinda Camp in two weeks. I'll give you a report on what we see!
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 07:19 PM
santharamhari

Mister Aviator: Have a nice trip and yes, look forward to hearing about your trip....

Hari

Old Mar 1st, 2007, 07:41 PM

Thanks Hari, I just checked it out, I'll be visiting in June. MisterAviator, can't wait to hear your report as I will also be at refurbished Selinda. I'll also be at the newly refurbished Little Vumbura camp (hope it's done in time), so don't think that I will have any lodging complaints!
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 11:33 PM
santharamhari

Game viewing should be good all over....the report says that the pans in the back country is starting to dry out.

Brandywine: June? i'm at Zib until June 6.

Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 05:34 AM

Hari,
I am not at Selinda until June 12th. Hoping for great game viewing of course! I am especially hoping to see Cheetah, as we only saw Cheetah once briefly on our previous safari. We did see the Wild Dogs at Madikwe, but they were not active (very late morning), so it would really be incredible and lucky to see the dogs on a hunt. We also may spend one night in one of the trail camps, which I think will be pretty fun.
Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:18 AM
santharamhari

okay....we shall compare notes and sightings when we return thru our trip report/pics etc etc.,

Cheers,
H

Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:43 PM

Geez Hari I was hoping to run into you at Selinda, but I head out on the 6th, and you come up from Zib on the 6th?? Maybe next trip!
Suzi
Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:56 PM
santharamhari

Suzi,

Hi!!! i am at Zib June 1-6. Out on the 7th....you at Zib or Selinda main camp? sounds like we run into each other. If so, i look forward....

Hari

Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
skimmer

Angola received lots of rain so ... I am just curious to see how the floods will influence the gameviewing at f.e. Duba Plains, Vumbura and Jao in June/July.

Greetz,

Johan

Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 06:41 PM
santharamhari

Johan,

The selinda web pages say that the water in the spillway, kwando, linyanti systems etc etc.,are predicted to be high also........

Hari

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:24 PM
santharamhari

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...i&x=0&y=1vfnk6

Hi! That's my pics of the two nasty male lions that were taken at Lebala in August, 2006....i dont think i put these pics before....i got lazy after those cheetah and wild dog pics.....

Hope these two lions are around at either Selinda or Lebala.

Hari