SAA giving away 30 pairs of RT tickets to Africa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2004, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post

One of you lucky people out there might get free airfare to Africa! Here's the story:

"South African Airways (SAA), South Africa's premier airline and the continent's most awarded carrier, is giving away 30 pairs of roundtrip tickets in 30 days in celebration of its 70th Anniversary of excellence in the air. For a 30-day period, July 1st - July 30th, 2004, customers can register to win at www.flysaa.com. South African Airways will randomly draw the name of one lucky winner each day to receive two roundtrip tickets from the United States to South Africa."

After you enter the SAA website and enter your country, a popup window will come up. Click on that and you will get the form to enter the drawing.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Sundowner! I'm in and registered w/ fingers crossed.

Old Jul 1st, 2004, 10:57 PM

Mutters ...
It's only for US residents
More mutters ...
I was so hopeful that we wouldn't have to pay for our international air in october
Many more mutters ......
Good luck to everyone, and looking forward to welcoming you to SA!
Even MORE mutters!
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 04:07 AM

Wow -- wasn't planning on going back so soon...but with free airfare that would change very quickly! There's a lot more we'd like to see in South Africa
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 04:43 AM
sandi

Thanks for the info, except when I click United States (as country) no special "application" appears! Nor does it appear if you click any of the other countries. What does appear is the standard window where one enters to/fr/dates/times/ etc. - is that what has to be clicked on? It makes one feel like a fool.

I even reread the promo info (as you've listed) which gives the same info, but no luck!

Am I doing something wrong?

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 05:01 AM

Sandi-
I just went back to the site to see if I encountered any problems but didn't.

There should be a smaller window along with the big one that pops up when logging onto www.flysaa.com that says they are celebrating 70 yrs. in service and then clicking onto that should lead you into the registration form.

That should do it. If it doesn't pop up, I don't know why it's not working for you. That's weird.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
Sandi - I tried to register at home and the little window wouldn't open either. I know we have a spam blocker on our home computer so maybe it's blocking the SAA popup window. It does work on my computer at work.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 05:32 AM

I tried it both at home and at work where there is no spam blocker. I could not find a registration form either.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 05:35 AM
sandi

divewop - sundowner - tried it again in each language. Only on Europe-English did the 70-yrs service show and nothing there but text about their history. So will try unblocking my spam and see what happens. Hey when we put our heads together - amazing things can happen. Will advise. Be back in a few.

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 05:44 AM
sandi

Voila! I'm in - That was it! Unblock your Pop-Up blocker and sure enough the window pops up in the upper left corner. Then go back and reset the Pop-Up blocker.
Merci, merci, merci!!!

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 05:53 AM

Sandi-
It's amazing...99.9% of the time we love those spamblockers but for a free flight to Africa, you can spam us all day!!

Glad you got in!
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 06:16 AM
sandi

divewop - so right you are! Maybe I'll luck out with these, as the Mega lotteries haven't been coming thru for me. There's another one tonight for $280M, so gotta run out to buy my ticket. At this point I'd take anything that was FREE! Thanks again!