Review 7 day Tanzania Safari

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any recommendations or comments our our safari itinerary? We are a group of 8. Four are going to Hike Kili and 3 of us are going to Safari. Here is the proposal:

Fri 1-Jul-11
7 clients arrive Kilimanjaro on Kenya Airways at 11:45, collect and transfer to Mount Meru Game Lodge for rest of day at leisure,
climb briefing and preparation for 4 clients, dinner and overnight (3 double and 1 single rooms)

Sat 2-Jul-11
(4 clients start climb)
3 clients start safari
Collect and drive to Lake Manyara for lunch, p.m. game drive, dinner and overnight Lake Manyara Serena Lodge (1 triple)

Sun 3-Jul-11
Depart for Serengeti with game viewing en route, lunch, p.m. game drive, dinner and overnight Serengeti Sopa Lodge

Mon 4-Jul-11
All day game drives in the Serengeti, dinner & overnight Serengeti Sopa Lodge (1 triple)

Tue 5-Jul-11
Morning game drive en route to Olduvai Gorge, lunch, p.m. continue to Ngorongoro Crater, dinner and overnight
Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge (1 triple)

Wed 6-Jul-11
Crater tour with picnic lunch, dinner & overnight at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge (1 triple)

Thu 7-Jul-11
AM departure to Tarangire with game drive en route, lunch, PM game drive, dinner and overnight Tarangire Sopa Lodge (1 triple)

Fri 8-Jul-11
AM game drive, meet with other 3 clients for lunch and PM game drive in Tarangire Park, return to Arusha and transfer to
Mount Meru Game Lodge for overnight on bed and breakfast basis (3 double rooms)

Sat 9-Jul-11
6 clients transfer to Kilimanjaro airport for onward arrangements

Thank you for your help!
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 11:45 PM

seems to be the other way around like I would want it to;
Tarangire and especially the Crater is much more crowded and smaller than serengeti, you might feel a bit 'narrowed down' if you go Serengeti->crater->tarangire
But that's just me and also because I don't really like the crater and love Serengeti..
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 07:07 AM

You start with 7, 4 to Kili, 3 for Safari. At the end you only have 6! Did someone get lost? Stay on Kili? Depart early?

As to the routing, quite usual... and very rushed, especially thru the Serengeti, allowing yourself only 1/full-day which does deserve more time.
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 08:00 AM

lol..was wondering the same thing, especially beacuse it was stated you are a group of 8... so you seem to loose a few people along the way
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 11:47 AM

Nikao - you read better than me. I just saw 4 + 3. So they seemed to have lost 2. Strange, I must say
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM

If your expectations are in line with Nikao's comments about where the most people will be and you can locate your missing guest before departing the country, I think you'll have a great time.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 01:47 PM

... looking for a lost guest wherever he/she might be
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM

Hope the people climbing Kili are training!!!! Last summer, we climbed only to the first level and down--it took 6 1/2 hours. It was worth it, but I definitely could not have traveled any further without an exercise program to prepare me.

Your itinerary looks great--have a fabulous time. The Serengeti is so beautiful, you may want to add an extra day.