Pictures from Zimbabwe Sept 05

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the link to my photos from Makalolo Plains, Victoria Falls, and Matetsi Water Lodge.

Renee
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...68_23113383309
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 03:21 PM

hi, these are really nice i haven't been there since 99. i should get back there at some point. most of these look like HWANGE. could you say where these pics are at? i only saw about 5 lions then in 2wks. the wild dogs! awesome.
thx, david
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:49 AM
Original Poster

Hi David,
You are right, the majority of the wildlife photos are from Hwange. Lions were fairly plentiful there. The Wild Dogs were an unexpected surprise at Matetsi, it was a pretty rare sighting. Other game at Matetsi was minimal.
Thanks,
Renee
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:23 AM

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Really enjoyed them.
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:09 AM

Wow, really beautiful photos. I really need to get to Hwange -- looks like a great park.

Did you use a digital camera?

Thanks
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Hi thit-cho,
Thanks for your comments. All of my photos are from a digital camera. Nothing too fancy though - a Fugifilm S5000. It's only a 3 megapixel with a 10x optical zoom, but I was pleased with the results. Unfortunately this camera was stolen at Matetsi Water Lodge. (thank God I had removed the memory card so I didn't lose all of my pics as well!)
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:12 PM

Sorry to hear about the theft of your camera. Glad you did not lose your precious images.

Regarding theft issues, although it may not have been wise, I was usually able to leave my cameras, lenses, laptop, binoculars lying around at each Kasaka, Luangwa River Lodge and Puku Ridge without incident. Maybe I had a false sense of security with their being no other guests around, but, fortunately, I did not have anything stolen.

The only thing I really guarded was my money, and we were carrying a good amount of cash since we intended on buying jewelery in Lusaka. Luckily, however, Zambia is coming to Los Angeles at the beginning of November when my jeweler will be in town for a few days to host a showing of her goods. I fear that I am going to have to spend some major money on jewelery before Alexsandra feels "motivated" to return to Africa. For some reason she counts all the money we have spent on safari as my jewelery and now it is her turn. Payback is a b****.
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Hi Roccco,
I too kept in very close contact with my cash. My advice to everyone is not to just worry about other guests in terms of theft of your valuables - consider the staff as well.
Alexsandra must be a well dressed woman jewelery wise - as you seem to go on safari quite often!