Search

photo shop elements question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
photo shop elements question

Hi,
We're having difficulty transferring our pics. onto a cd. They're presently loaded on the harddrive using the pansonic program that came with our Fz30 and the photo shop program. We've tried cds and dvds to no avail.
Any help is greatly appreciated;
Sherry
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 01:39 PM

Sherry - Sorry you haven't gotten many responses. I can't help you, either, but you might try posting at www.fredmiranda.com. You have to register but it's free and takes 30 seconds. The people there are very helpful and friendly. Good luck!
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 02:19 PM

Sherry, I assume from your post that you've tried to burn your photos to a CD/DVD using the software that came with your CD/DVD burner. Hmmm, that should work. What sorts of problems are you having? Have you been able to burn CDs/DVDs in the past? When I make a CD of my photos, I don't use Photoshop or Elements. Sorry that technology isn't being cooperative!
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 02:21 PM

Hi
Have you ever burnt a dvd/cd on your computer?
If the answer is yes...
Locate the folder the images are stored in on your hard disk. easiest way to do this is open an image in photoshop note the file name, then do a search for that file name. Once you locate the folder open your burning software and drag folder to it. Or through the dialogue box of the burning software.
If you have no cd/dvd burning software you have to get some.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your info.

I have burned cds/dvds in the past. I followed net warriors good advice and still no luck. I even tried recording some other non photo shop stuff and it worked.

So now I'm guessing that my brand new photo shop elements 4. has a glitch or that it's not compatable with my software.

Hate to do it and waste a whole day but I'll try contacting the adobe people to see if there's a compatability issue.

Many thanks for your time;
Sherry
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 05:28 PM
kp

I've found that cleaning the lens of the CD/DVD will sometimes help.
Also, and I have no idea why this works, but it seems that the first DVD won't burn successfully but the 2nd attempt will work. Strange because I don't change anything and I'm burning the same files.

Another technique I've found is to break up the files--instead of burning one DVD I'll split up the files onto 2 or 3 DVD's.

None of these techniques work all the time--and it's very frustrating to keep making" coasters"