Morocco or Egypt ?

Feb 20th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Morocco or Egypt ?

Hello,

We are now getting ready to plan our next vacation . It will be for 2 weeks ...at the end of may and beginning of june . We are interested in both Morocco or Egypt but .I am afraid that it will be too hot at that time of the year for Egypt . Which destination would be better for that time of the year ? any other info. would be greatly appreciated !
thank you !
MP

Feb 21st, 2006, 10:25 AM

Looking at monthly highs on www.weather.com , the high for Cairo in June averages 93F , while for Marrakech the average is 87F.

Hope that helps.
Mar 14th, 2006, 01:28 PM

So you do your sightseeing in the morning before it gets too hot & laze away the afternoon. As long as you have air-con it shouldn't be a problem which country you go to
Mar 18th, 2006, 03:13 PM

I'm off to Egypt at the end of this week, and I'll be in Morocco mid to late April.

I have to admit that I'd decided to go (to both) at this time of year because of temperature. The other option was Sept/Oct but I wasn't keen on being there during Ramadan.

Marrakech is quite high so hence the lower temps. However I've been told that going into the Sahara isn't recommended at that time of year - too hot.

I have a friend who went with her mother to Egypt in July. They really enjoyed it but her mother had real problems with the heat. This is obviously worse the further south you go (Luxor/ Aswan).

Anyway I'm really looking forward to my trip!!!
Mar 19th, 2006, 12:56 PM

"I wasn't keen on being there during Ramadan"

It's probably one of the best times to go to any Muslim country. Muslims know that you aren't subject to the fast and so you can get food & drink during the day (don't expect alcohol though), just don't eat it in a public place
Mar 20th, 2006, 06:28 PM

Not being there during Ramadan was just my personal preference. I do understand that it can be more difficult in some places to get food during daylight hours. Other people I know have had no issue with being there (Egypt or Morocco).

Search this Thread