Search

Passport stamp - Morocco

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passport stamp - Morocco

Make sure your passport is stamped with an entry stamp when visiting Morocco. Somehow my ex failed to get one when he entered two months ago and now has been stopped from leaving both at Tangiers and Ceuta. We have entered Morocco countless times and never were able to pass the frontier without getting a stamp. Cannot imagine how this happened to him. Will post more info when I get it.
Old Nov 8th, 2015, 10:52 AM

Sahbi Bedar,

Have you managed to work things out?

Darren
Old Nov 8th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

It's my ex who has to work things out ! Spoke to him yesterday. Was in Fes on his way to Nador where he entered. Said he was going to see a Spanish priest there who helps Black Africans get into Melilla. What, does he expect this guy to help him over a barbed wire fence at age 74 ? Will he have to put on blackface, or what ? No wonder he's an ex !!!!!!! Don't know if he went to the authorities in Tangier, but that's what I'd have done. Stand by for more silliness from my EX.
Old Nov 10th, 2015, 12:19 AM

Oh dear, sounds like a right...mess. I once overstayed in Morocco by three months (yes, three months) as I had completely forgotten about it while doing a season of guiding. I went to the court in Tangier and was sent downstairs with all the other border jumpers, was finally brought up at the end of the day and after being duly admonished, I apologized, paid the fine and walked straight down to the (old) port and got on a ferry to Spain.
Us men-folk lose our brains sometimes, yes?
Old Nov 10th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Darren - You did the sensible thing which is what I, too, would have done ! But, you had an entry stamp; he doesn! This is kinda typical for this idiot. In 1965 we were traveling thru E. Germany and after getting tanked at a beer hall, spent the night in the car amongst the ruins of Dresden. At that time Americans weren't allowed to spend the night in E. Germany. At early dawn we awoke only to find ourselves right next to buildings, basements, being used as barracks for Russian soldiers. They were peering at us. Of course, we hightailed it out of there for the Czech border. Happily our visas for Czechoslovakia began that day ! The guy's an idiot, but he is providing some amusement for us, no ? Will update when I know more.
Old Nov 12th, 2015, 10:16 AM

I'm sure it will work out, Bedar. I have complete faith in the 74 year-old Spanish priest. The Melilla fence isn't that high or heavily patrolled anyway...chuckle, snortle.
Old Dec 5th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Darren - They finally got out with the help of some Spanish priests and the Spanish Consulate. Had to sign declarations that they entered illegally (but unintentionally), be finger and handprinted, photographed front and in profile, but didn't mention money. The priests put them on the ferry to Tarifa. All's well that ends well. Am sure we'll hear more about this when he's recovered a bit, esp. about the money !!
Old Dec 5th, 2015, 11:59 PM

Well done...when is the book/movie coming out?!
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 04:54 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Was following your thread -- what a hoot. Loved the >>No wonder he's an ex !!!!!!! <<

I <i>know</i> the feeling
Old Dec 12th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Darren - I spoke to the Ex yesterday and remembered to ask him about any fine. Amazingly he didn't have to pay one, so he's one happy guy. Of course, he did have the expense of an extra month's worth of hotels and restaurants. Oh well.