Search

Morocco to dubai/abu dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morocco to dubai/abu dhabi

Hello everybody! I want to play a trip starting off in Casablanca to Dubai/Abu Dhabi for the summer of 2019. I want to do it by motorcycle. I would like to fly into Casablanca, go to Marrakesh, plan on going through Algiers then Tunisia, through Tripoli, up to Alexandria, down to Cairo, up through Jerusalem, maybe Beirut, to Amman, then somehow make it to the United Arab Emirates, where I would fly back home to the states. I have a ton of questions. How much should I budget for, not including plane tickets to Morocco and back from United Emirates? I know there is constant turmoil between all the warring states from the arab springs, but is there any particular country I should look out for as of right now? I am a white male with a red beard and blue eyes, not sure if that would matter. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I know I am being vague but I am just starting research on this trip, but am dedicated to do it. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 29th, 2018, 10:13 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I’d first research the possibility of accomplishing all those border crossings. In N. Africa borders close from time to time, could be an issue as you plan or later. Dedication is a good thing but won’t increase the likelihood of getting through a closed border or one that doesn’t allow foreigners to enter at that point. It could be tricky.
Old Oct 29th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply! Any suggestions on websites or the like where I can research borders of neighboring north African countries? Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated!
Old Oct 29th, 2018, 10:49 AM

In particular, check on whether you can enter/cross Algeria. When I was in Morocco some time ago, the borders were closed.
Old Oct 29th, 2018, 12:44 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Also, depending on current political concerns, if I recall correctly, the western border of Egypt closes from time to time, as well as the Morocco/Algeria. Tunisia may be iffy. I think you’ve chosen about the most problematic swathe of real estate in the world to attempt. I don’t imagine any 1 website will provide answers but rather a number to watch, like US State Department, country by country, keeping in mind once you’ve determined current situations, any can change by the time you get there.

Also check visas for all the countries for the passport you hold and which entry points are allowed, sometimes only major ones or by even only by aIr. Egypt to Israel overland could be tricky. I arrived in Port Said by freighter several years ago and was not allowed off the ship by Egyptian authorities, had to go on to Malta to disembark. You get the drift. I’ll be very interested to hear more as your plan progresses.
Old Nov 1st, 2018, 12:22 PM

Fail at the first hurdle I'm afraid. The border with Algeria has been closed for years.

The best website to research this trip would be Horizons Unlimited

Route Planning - Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB
North Africa - Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB