Search

Mid-east flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mid-east flight

Hello everyone,
I'm planning my friend's trip to the mid-east. She's flying from Toronto to Kuwait where she will be staying for 6 weeks. During that time she plans to make a trip to Egypt and another to Dubai and back to Kuwait. I was wondering if anyone has any flight advice. Are there any special tickets that can save her money? How about flying within Egypt? or should she just buy a return flight toronto to Kuwait and then two other return flights (kuwait to Dubai and Kuwait to Egypt).
thanks
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 01:25 PM

I believe that Emirates has some kind of air pass that allows you to buy coupons for flights that connect through Dubai, so that might be a place to start looking. Emirates flies to all these places. You could also try Gulf Air, but I don't know if they have an air pass. Flying within Egypt is more difficult as those routes are mostly controlled by Egypt Air, so there are few options.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 01:43 PM

From Kuwait to Dubai in addition to direct flights on Kuwait Airways and Emirates there are also options on Gulf Air via Bahrian and Qatar Airways via Doha, though the cheapest would no doubt be Jazeera Airways which is a Kuwait based budget airline which has twice daily non stops Kuwait to Dubai. Abother budget airline is Air Arabia that flies from Kuwait to Sharjah ( Sharjah Airport is just a short cab ride from Dubai, it is 'very close !' )

For Egypt she can also use Jazeera if she plans to visit Luxor and if Alexandria were in here plans, they fly to both ( but at the moment not Cairo ). For Cairo Kuwait Airways or Egyptair. Air Aarbia fly from Sharjah to again Luxor and Alexandria but not Cairo.
For the flight from Toronto, connections over Europe are an option but it is worth looking at the Etihad flight Toronto to Abu Dhabi and then connecting to Kuwait as that gives a direct long haul ex Toronto to the Gulf ( flight stops in Brussels on the way ) or the non stops with Emirates twice daily JFK to Duabi and then connect to Kuwait.
Unless she plans to fix dates and pre book the regionals on those budget carriers I would suggest using a local Kuwait agent, regional flights are very competative bought localy.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 03:44 PM

If you end up on EgyptAir, we found it to be a modern, regular airline - newer planes than I have been on with most other airlines (except on flight to Abu Simbel - that plane was older than my mother). Service was very efficient, pleasant - although gate personnel all took a 15 minute break for tea in the middle of check-in for international flight. Announcements were in Arabic and English as was written material on planes. They have a website, but it frequently has "technical problems"
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the responses everyone