Madagascar 2011 - with pictures and videos

Nov 27th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Madagascar 2011 - with pictures and videos

We recently got back from Madagascar (plus 36 hours or so in Paris). We visited Kirindy, Tsingy de Bemaraha, Andasibe (Perinet), Ranomafana, Isalo, Tulear, Berenty, and Manafiafy. Hopefully this will be of use to those of you contemplating trips to Madagascar. Enjoy.

http://www.justinandcrystal.com/Madagascar/
Nov 27th, 2011, 03:29 PM

You've got some nice photos. Glad you included shots of the hotels, very helpful. Thanks for posting as we don't often get to hear about Madagascar.
Nov 27th, 2011, 03:51 PM

The map is a great resource. I checked out the big tree small lemur section. Excellent sightings. Nice fossa rolling around and yawning. Nice to see baobab trees without stripped bark. Thanks.
Nov 28th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the kind words. It was difficult finding comprehensive research on Madagascar, so hopefully this can be of some help. The price is definitely much more reasonable than comparable East Africa or Southern Africa safaris, although admittedly the wildlife is less varied.
Nov 28th, 2011, 01:48 PM

Some day this will be a pertinent resource for me I hope!
Nov 28th, 2011, 05:32 PM

I found prices to be higher (when compared to Southern Africa) when I was researching my trip. I was looking at staying in tented camps rather than lodges. Ultimately I decided to go with a cruise. Very much looking forward to it, although I won't be seeing nearly as much as you did.
Dec 11th, 2011, 08:32 PM

We also recently returned from an amazing trip to Madagascar. I would highly recommend it. We concentrated on three areas that made the travel within the country much easier. The lemurs were incredible and I got some of the best pictures ever. We booked through Rainbow Tours and were extremely happen with the service. The Lodges were all great and are guides some of the best we have had.
Dec 12th, 2011, 05:05 AM

Hope you post a report of your trip.
Dec 13th, 2011, 04:48 PM

Femi- I am unfortunately not a good trip report person. I probably should try but I have not done one yet. We are off to Sri Lanka thanks to some of your great feedback.

Search this Thread