Search

Is my itinerary ok?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is my itinerary ok?

I'm planning to visit Egypt end March. Has anyone used airlinktraveleqypt.com? They gave me the following itinerary:

March 25 - 26 at Conrad Cairo hotel 5 * deluxe in city center including breakfast. NILE VIEW ROOM
- March 25 : Private tour of Egyptian museum & Giza Pyramids.
- March 26 : Flight Cairo / Luxor.
- March 26 - 29 at Oberoi SHEHRAYAR Nile cruise 5 * full board & sightseeing from Luxor to Aswan.
- March 29 : Flight Aswan / Cairo.
- March 29 - 31 at Conrad Cairo hotel incl. breakfast.
- All meet & transfers.

- Package Cost : US $ 850 Per Person.
- Staying at DELUXE CABIN At the cruise ( like a suite ) US $ 60 Per Person supplement.

Does this sound ok? I'm travelling w/ my 59-yr old mom so she is still in relatively good shape. Any comments re the Oberoi SHEHRAYAR Nile cruise, and the Conrad Cairo?

Much appreciate your comments!
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 09:51 AM

Sounds like you'll have a great time.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 02:13 PM
sandi

daisy88 -

Your comment: >>I'm travelling w/ my 59-yr old mom so she is still in relatively good shape<<

Most 59-year old women are in relatively good shape, some better than 30-year olds... and a greater number of people traveling these days are in/around your mom's age... they have the time and the money. But it's those 70+ year olds who walk faster, climb higher, and stay up dancing all night that you have to keep an eye out for.

As to the itinerary - looks good and a great price. The only thing I would check is the return flight from Aswan/Cairo... often these are scheduled for late and you wind up with time after breakfast till departure with nothing to do, place to leave your bags. If you have a late departure, check with the tour operator if they can arrange a trip to Abu Simbel. You're so close, it would be a shame to miss it.

Old Feb 26th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your replies.

Has anyone taken the Oberoi Shehrayar nile cruise? It seems that most people recommend the Oberoi Philae and made little mention of the Shehrayar. Should I switch cruises?
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 06:33 AM

Daisy88 -

Did you go on the Oberoi Shehrayar? I would love to hear about your experience on this cruise.

Thanks!