Search

Hotels in Cairo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Cairo

Anyone know a good hotel in Cairo that is inexpensive and well located??
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 07:06 AM

I've only used the Sheraton on the Nile and can recommend that. What do you consider inexpensive and what do you want to be near? We went everywhere by car.
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 09:40 PM
toughpixel

I stayed at the Windsor hotel. LOTS of character & centrally located.
http://www.windsorcairo.com/

a bit run down, but the bar is charming, even if you don't stay there, go have a drink there.

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:15 PM
rfb

I've stayed at the Windsor Hotel and, while I know some will disagree with me, it can charitably be described as a dump. The room was dirty, the airconditioner didn't work and they have cotton mattresses - packed cotton mattresses something akin to sleeping on bricks but not quite as comfortable.

I would rather sleep on the street than in the Windsor Hotel. What do you consider inexpensive?

Old Jul 25th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Original Poster

I would like to spend less than 12 dollars American per night but I dont know how expensive accomodation in Egypt/Cairo is. Im a backpacker and tend to spend relatively little when I can.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 11:34 AM
toughpixel

rfb is partially correct. when i arrived at the Windsor the room they showed me was dingy and when I sat on the bed it was super uncomfortable. I complained and they showed me another room and it was great. and the same price because I complained about the first room. as is common in eygpt they have prices for tourists and prices for locals and i believe the windsor may possibly have rooms for locals and rooms for tourists? I don't know, but almost everything in cairo you need to haggle and question, so when i saw the dingy room and just told them No way, this room is not acceptable and they DO NOT want to lose your business, so they gave me another room which was FABULOUS. so everyone's experience will be different, so do your research -- as you obviously are by posting on this forum.