Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hotel Longchamps, how long to receive response?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,have any of you stayed at this hotel?

If so, how long did it take to receive a response? I do not know what to do because the hotel has my credit card info and I do not even know if I have reservations. No hard feelings here, I just want to know if I need to book elsewhere.

I know the owners are nice people because I have read tons of great reviews.
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 04:00 AM

I stayed there in Jan this year and it is a very good hotel. I corresponded with her a few times and she usually replied in less than 24 hrs but my email did get lost once and one other time her mailbox was full and my mail bounced. I just kept trying until I heard from her!

Old Feb 20th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Heba is currently in Germany visiting some doctors. I will send a copy of your post to her eamail and hopefully she is getting time to watch it from Germany as well. She is usually right on top of things, but at this time it might be more difficult for her.

If you want to send me more info about you and your reservations, I can call over there for you and find out what is what.

CC
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 05:37 AM

I stayed at Longchamps last March and it was a great hotel...you really get a feel for the city as it is in an upperclass neighborhood, not a touristy area. It was a welcome break from the busloads of tourists that stay at other hotels.
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM

Hey Soupnazi - I copied your post here and sent it to Hebba. Here is her response. If you will tell me who you are, I will forward the information to her.
CC.

Please Debbie,
please find out who this guest is, with my frozen shoulder I am somehow limited but I am sitting the whole day on my labtop, and working , which es exatly the worse thing to do when you have a right arm who is mooving very slowly.

Appreciate your hint and tip.
Your
Hebba
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 02:52 AM

FYI to anyone wondering how this turned out - soupnazi and Hebba have been in touch with each other and all is well.

CC
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

It is important to me that you all are aware that, as Debbie from CasualCairo stated, Hebba was not in Eqypt when I was trying to obtain reservations at her hotel.

Once she became aware of my circumstances, she was by far the most accommodating person I have had the pleasure of working with. She went way out of her way to accommodate my requests, due to her current situation.

I just wish I had known that she was out of the country before I posted here.

I am looking forward to meeting her, staying at her wonderful hotel and exploring the Zamalek neighborhood.