Heathrow layover advice?

Sep 10th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Siobhan

Heathrow layover advice?

We will have a six hour layover at Heathrow. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the airport to get a shower? Is it worth the effort to catch the Heathrow Express to Paddington or is that too rushed? Are there any really cheap places to get a day room?

Sep 10th, 2002, 03:36 PM
sue

I think 6 hours is too short as you have to allow boarding time and they usually call to board a large aircraft about an hour before and the trip is about 40 min each way. don't know about showers. You could take a room at an airport hotel and rest there. British Airways may be of some help.

Sep 11th, 2002, 02:58 AM
Mona

I remember seeing showers in Heathrow when we traveled to Kenya. We stayed 2 nights in London.
I wouldn't travel to the city. Rest instead, take a shower, change your cloths.

Sep 11th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Sibhan

Actually I was wrong, we have 9.5 hour layover. I read the Heathrow Express train gets you from Heathrow to Paddington in 15 minutes, and runs every 15 minutes from each terminal. Same for the return. Knowing that, do you think it is worth the effort?

Sep 15th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Linda

Asolutely worth it to go into the city. I did it myself in April. You can stash carry-on luggage for a small fee at Heathrow, can't remember which terminal, sorry.

Sep 18th, 2002, 10:11 AM
alan

My suggestion: Kew Gardens and a walk along the Thames... We had 8 hours on our way to Kenya.

This allowed us to get out in the sunshine and stretch our legs. Got acclimated to the time change and tired us out for the 9 hour flight to Kenya...

alan

Search this Thread