Galapagos

Jan 5th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Galapagos

I realize that this is the Africa forum, but I also realize that many of the regulars have a keen interest in wildlife, and I'd like, therefor, to MOST HIGHLY recommend a trip to the Galapagos, where my girlfriend and I visited over New Year's. I don't think I'm going to do a trip report, but we bought a digital camera to take along with my SLR, so we may post selected photos on OFOTO and if you post your email below and are interested, I can email you the link. We will need to edit down the pictures because we each took over 400 photos.
Jan 5th, 2004, 11:39 AM

I'd be interested in photos and any abbreviated trip report we could persuade you to share!

My parents have been 3 times and loved each visit!
Jan 5th, 2004, 01:49 PM

Please email me the link at [email protected]. I visited the Galapagos in 1982 with my mother and daughter. I've done a lot of traveling since then, but I still think it was the most awesome trip I've taken.
Jan 7th, 2004, 09:17 AM

ooooh that's on our list, too. Please send me an invite when you get your ofoto posted: [email protected]
Feb 14th, 2004, 04:20 PM

planning a trip to the galapagos this oct...would love to see your pictures...also any suggestions
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:25 AM

Thit_Cho, I don't know if you sent an email with the link already, if so please could you resend as I didn't receive it. THANKS
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

We still haven't worked out the kinks on downloading from our new digital camera, so I haven't posted any of our Galapagos on line yet. I did print almost 400 photos that I took with an SLR and the animals in the Galapagos are as equally photogenic as the bigger game in Africa, and much closer, so we got some terrific photos. We went to Paris this weekend, so I now need to also do something with those photos (two cameras, digital and an SLR, is a lot of work). Sorry for delay.
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:01 AM

hey thit_cho - I would love to see your photos. [email protected]

I know what you mean about all the photos being alot of work. After my trip to Africa it took literally months to process them all. (all digital slr)

Thanks for sharing them (when you get to it!).

Cindy
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:28 AM

Michael, would love to see them whenever they are ready. Also - how realistic is this trip for someone who tends to get seasick? Thx.

[email protected]
Feb 17th, 2004, 01:46 PM

Please send me the link. [email protected].
One question: for underwater picture, do you need some high-end camera? We don't want to spend a fortune on underwater camera while still want (relative) good pcitures. Thanks!
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:53 AM

Michael... you're not in London are you? If so maybe you can join some of us meeting on the 5th for a meal (probably in North London, possibly Central).
Feb 18th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

No, I'm in New York, although I get to London frequently on business (was just there last October). That sounds like a fun event.

Search this Thread