Galapagos trip report with photos

Apr 30th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Galapagos trip report with photos

Hi everyone, I went to the Galapagos in Feb of 2002 and have posted my report and photos on my website http://tracipick.tripod.com If you are interested please feel free to check it out! Thanks. (Just copy and paste the url into your address bar)
Apr 30th, 2003, 04:34 PM

Sorry not able to find this site.

need a better address
Thanks
percy
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

Hi Percy, that is the correct url as far as I can tell. If it doesn't work when you copy and paste try searching for NBH Travel Journal through your search engine. Thanks, velodurt
Apr 30th, 2003, 09:43 PM

FYI: The address you posted is correct -- and not only does it work, but you've got some excellent photos there. I love the travelogue stories that go with them, and all those photos of the wildlife out on the islands had me envious beyond belief!

Buen viaje!
Mark

www.tiogringo.com
May 1st, 2003, 07:18 AM

I agree, the photos are outstanding as is the travelog . . . thanks for posting. Now I want to go!

Sandy
May 1st, 2003, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks TioGringo and sandyb! I really appreciate the positive feedback and I am so glad that you enjoyed the report and photos. It was a trip of a lifetime, you really must go if you get the opportunity.

Tio...I have corresponded with you before on another forum. Thanks for always giving me such positive responses!
May 2nd, 2003, 05:07 PM

Your story was great! I'm going in one week! I can't wait!
May 3rd, 2003, 03:06 PM

velodurt

Hi ,okay I got the site and the pictures
Great.
Thanks
percy
May 3rd, 2003, 03:33 PM

Hi velodurf
Percy again. I have your site withthe pictures on the Quito and at the equator I assume this is page 1..how do you get the Galapagos pictures
Thanks
Percy
May 3rd, 2003, 05:00 PM

velodurf

Hi it is okay I got to page two and the Galapagos pictures.
At first the Day two did not come up but now I have it
Percy
May 8th, 2003, 10:28 AM

Amazing pictures and travelogue. What cameras did you use? I am going in August for a one week cruise on the "Beagle" and can not wait. It seems as if it will be an amazing adventure.
May 11th, 2003, 03:00 PM

velodurt
Hi. very nice pictures.
Is four days enough at the Galapagos.?
I just want to get the flavour of the Galapagos.
Since I am coming from a long ways away,Ialso want to do Peru for 3-5 days and maybe a few days in Quito.
Did you have enough time in Quito!??
Do you need a back pak , binoculars,? what type of foot wear,and clothing?
Thanks for any added information.
Percy
May 16th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Sorry it took so long to respond..I was on vacation in Havasu Canyon.

Nywoman...thank you. I used a Minolta Maxxum 9 to take my photos. Have a great time on your trip!

Percy...glad you finally found everything. Four days would be cutting it close in the Galapagos...it just depends on how many islands you want to see. One day was plenty of time in Quito IMO. Peru would be awesome...hope to get there someday too. Sorry I didn't respond to your email, I was having some trouble with my provider. If you email me again I will respond for sure. Thanks and have a great time!

Thanks to everyone else who responded.
May 17th, 2003, 12:35 PM

I have been wanting to go see Galapagos for quite some time. It is great to see your many wonderful photos and your travellog, which will be very helpful for my planning.

Questions: you were there for six days. I know people who went there spent anywher from three days up to two weeks. What do you feel about the length of your visit? Also, you took some nice underwater pictures, did you take them while scuba diving or just snorkling?

One suggestion. Some of your pictures could have been even better if you had paid more attention to the details. For instances, when you take pictures of persons, animals, buildings, you want to include the whole body into the view, you don't want to have a person's entire body in the photo except the feet. The same applies to animals and other objects. Of course sometimes you do want to just emphasize one part of the object, then you should have viewers get the idea that is exactly your intention.

On day two of your pages, for example: Presidential guard, if his feet were in the picture; Kurt, the city guide, if his hands were in the picture; La Compania, Quito, if the top of the building were in the picture; NBH crew at the equator ..., you got the idea.

Just my 2 cents.

I am building my own web pages. There are some animal pictures in the Antarctic link and some nice solar eclipse photos with travellog on the left section of the main page.

http://ourplanet.home.att.net/travel/