Search

Entim Camp, Kenya?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Entim Camp, Kenya?

Anyone know anything about this camp? It sounds great but I haven't been able to see any photos yet.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Here's the URL:

http://www.entim-masaimara.com/

site doesn't say or show much; not certain exactly where located (think it's outside the reserve on one of the group ranch lands); believe it's the same owners as Ilkeliani.

Old Nov 20th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Sandi-I hadn't even seen those photos. According to go-safari, it's in a prime location for migration viewing.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 02:23 PM

I stand corrected, according to go-safari, the camp is located in the vicinity of where Explorer, Rekero and Naibor Camps are sited. Near the Mara and Talek Rivers... which is the eastern side of the Triangle in the middle of the Greater Mara Reserve. Good location.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Entim Camp is one we are considering in the Mara. Has anyone stayed there yet and can tell me what it is like?
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 05:02 AM

I spent 2/nts here in June, the only guest... which was wonderful. Camp is sited at a beautiful area (east side of Triangle); a bend in the river right in front of the lawn; also a crossing point here. The wildies should fill up the lawn when they arrive. Hippos in the river who spend their evening and nights grazing on the lawn. I didn't hear a thing, but one night they kept most of the staff awake.

Sadly, the only thing that spoils this beautiful spot, is the light from the Serena Lodge located about 10/miles away, as the crow flies.

Five basic tents, nicely furnished (3/kings and 2/twins), ensuite bathroom with flush loo, running water shower, though pitcher water for the washbasin. With tents on hill, was the coldest place visited, with hot-water bottles (I had 3) provided under the bedding... then warm as toast even though I kept my tent flaps open. An unfenced camp, well hidden in a forest of small trees (Entim = forest).

Separate dining tent (lots of good food, but not haute cuisine); weather dependent, meals also served al fresco on the lawn, even a fire when enjoying breakfast here; lounge tent. Lovely attentive staff and great guides and trackers.

Camp had only opened in December, then the upheaval in Jan/Feb, so still some growing pains and some changes likely. Camp will be closed Apr/May and maybe Nov. Same owner as Ilkeliani Camp located north of Talek Gate.