Search

Egypt Tour Guides

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt Tour Guides

I just returned from a trip to Tanzania and Egypt, and I wanted to share my experience to possibly help others planning a trip.

I spent two weeks in Egypt, traveling on a private tour with the company Lady Egypt (also known as Experience Egypt). The company was incredibly professional, and, from the moment we got off the plane, they were there to assist us. Through the whole trip, they wouldn't let us lift a finger, and arranged everything from checking us in at our hotels, to buying our tickets for sites. We had a private, air-conditoned van that picked us up and dropped us off at the doorstep of each place we visited. They made the trip very relaxing, even though we had a packed itinerary. The trip and service went far beyond my expectations.

Our guides in the cities were contractors hired by Lady Egypt, and both were excellent. In Cairo and Alexandria, our guide was Khaled Elhennawy. He lived in the US for several years before returning to his native Egypt, where he is a very enthusiastic and well-informed guide. He LOVES his country and shows lots of pride in its past and future.

In Aswan and Luxor, our guide was Hazim. He was young and friendly, and had a great sense of humor. We enjoyed his company and appreciated his knowledge.

We really liked working with a local company and local guides. Not only did it cut down on the price, but it also made the experience much more meaningful.

Both of our guides, Khaled and Hazim, said that they work with individuals as well as companies, and if you would like their contact information, I would be happy to email it to you.

We only had several small hangups. We didn't like the company that Lady Egypt hired to take us snorkeling at Sharm el Sheikh. We also didn't get to go into St. Catherine's Monastery at Mt. Sinai because it was closed on the day they scheduled us to be there. These two things were rather minor and certainly didn't ruin our trip. I would still not hesitate to recommend Lady Egypt to my family and friends.

Old Oct 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM

Please send me the guides E-mails & tour guides web page. We are not going to Egypt for 2 years,but part of my joy of traveling is the planning-Thanks Chris
[email protected]
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 12:27 AM

Please, send me the guides Khaled and Hazim contact info. Leaving in three days!
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Two weeks ago I heard that all Egyptian monasteries have been closed to the public -- or maybe just to foreigners. I know nothing more about it -- that is, whether it's short- term, long-term or whether bribery can get you into the holy places.
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:59 PM
dmlove

I just wanted to chime in that we took a similar trip with Lady Egypt (6 in our group, private van) in August and it was just as cmp6e said - professional, everything handled for us, etc. Our guide in Cairo, Luxor and Aswan was Mahmoud -- he, too, was wonderful. Educated, nice, perfect English. Highly recommend both LadyEgypt and Mahmoud.