Reload this Page >

Vic Falls whitewater rafting & elephant back safari

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 10:46 AM
alison

Would like to hear from people who have done whitewater rafting and/or elephant back safari. planning both for December but some postings about rafting have been scary and want to see if elephant back safari is worth it. am planning 3 nites in Vic Falls to do all these adventures and starting to think might be too much time. thanks for input.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 08:52 AM
lb

Did the white water but in June when the water is high so there are fewer rock protruding. My trip was not particularly scary (although I heard-not confirmed-that a tourist had been seriously hurt a couple of weeks before). They do not warn you about the climb out of the revine at the end--I am not an athlete but I do walk a lot and my house has lots of stairs and I did not think I could do it. I estimate that it is the equivalent of 50 -80 flights up. On the plus side, one of the water guides stayed behind with me and carried my gear and I have never heard of anyone not making the climb.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Anat

Alison,<BR><BR>We did a white water rafting in Vic Falls but in the side of Zambia. It was great but since some rapids are level 5 you are taking a risk. At the same season that we went (in Nov) there were 4 deaths. We stayed 2 nights in Vic Falls and I don't think it was enough. That was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Also you might want to go shopping there since the prices are great.<BR><BR>So be careful and have fun.<BR>Anat

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:57 PM
debbe

I have clients going on zambezi white water trip for 8 nights. If you want input, contact me.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:27 PM
n

Went to Zimbabwe in May and had an awesome time. We passed on the rafting (water was too high) but DID do the elephant ride. It was AWESOME!!!I highly recommend it. Go on the morning one - cool and crisp, then when you return they have a delicious brunch prepared for you. One of the best memories of the trip.