Drive from Nairobi airport to Loldia House

Old Jun 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive from Nairobi airport to Loldia House

Can anybody advise how long the drive is from Nairobi airport to Loldia House at Lake Naivasha. We'd be arriving early in the morning so would hit the Nairobi rush hour if we need to go through the city centre but I'm not sure if we do.

Thanks
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 06:35 AM

from downtown NBO to Lake Naivasha seems to be about 1½ hrs. I have it here on my itinerary but it doesn't factor in traffic.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 06:38 AM

Hello africafan, it’s not a long trip at all, some 11/2 hours, but with traffic you never know. How early do you arrive?
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

I'd guess we'd be leaving the airport at about 7 to 7.30 in the morning and it would be a weekday.

I just know that it has taken me one and a half hours to get to the Serena before because of traffic and you don't need to go right through Nairobi city centre to get to the Serena. So if you do need to go through the city centre to get to Loldia I'm thinking 2 hour to get out of Nairobi and then the road up to Naivasha = long journey!
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 07:01 AM

You don’t have to go more into the city centre than when going to the Serena (that’s almost in the centre), but I suppose you’ll catch the rush hour anyway, unless your plane is late.

Old Jun 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM

africa_fan

you will enjoy the drive desppite the traffic - it's always amazing that traffic has a go in nairobi.
we in europe with all our rules and persisting on them would not make a meter under the same circumstances. so enjoy whatever you see and look forward to experiencing loldia and the hippos on the lawn!

cross my fingers that you see a leopard there - it's a rare occasion but happens!

enjoy loldia (especially the dinners hosted by peter!), lake naivasha and persumably lake nakuru.

happy landing and safe travels!