Search

NBO to Wilson

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NBO to Wilson

How is the drive from NBO to Wilson Airport? Is it a pretty easy drive? And pretty safe, too? Just wondering what to expect....we'll arrive at 7:30am, and go directly to Wilson. Thanks in advance!
Cindy from California
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 09:51 AM

You'll be fine. The drive should take around half an hour, maybe longer if there is traffic at that time of day.
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 09:54 AM
santharamhari

Yes, very easy....short transfer

Hari

Old Jul 28th, 2006, 10:04 AM

hi cindy

i want to reassure you- prior to visiting kenya i anticipated some sort of teeming den of crime and filth, like a calcutta slum set in africa. nothing could be further from the truth. the airport is on an isolated airport road- just like at home. you'll get out and your guy will be there with a sign and if he's not, a few guys might offer taxis but no body will be mauling you or your luggage. i (female alone) spent hours outside the airport hanging out awaiting my flights. then you'll go on a major road to get to wilson which is a tiny hangar behind a guarded gate and then another guarded gate. again i arrived there all alone with all of my belongings in my hands and sat outside and no one even said one word to me.

kenya is not at all scary. maybe nairobi in the heart of downtown at night or something, but the outskirts that you'll be in as a tourist are not menacing. do not spend another second worrying about your safety. totally blown out of proportion imho.
kerikeri
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM
sandi

Only if your day of arrival is a work day - Monday thru Saturday - may you find more traffic than a Sunday. So it may take 45-minutes. The drive from the airport is a non-event, no different than at home. That is unless you land in LAX and live in Santa Monica (a blink of the eye).

What time is your flight from Wilson and to where? I don't recall seeing your itinerary posted (unless I missed it)... could you repost, when, where, how many days and whether fly or drive.

Old Jul 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much...I love this site, everyone is so helpful, no matter how paranoid or repetitive the questions might be. (I'm specifically thinking of my own!)
I haven't posted our itinerary yet...I was waiting until closer to our departure date. (September 18) We've already booked the trip, but the information I have gained about what to bring, etc. has been great! Thanks again very much!
Cindy
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 09:33 PM
santharamhari

I must mention that, i have seen giraffes while landing at NBO. The nairobi national park is around the vicinity....

Hari

Old Jul 29th, 2006, 03:39 AM
sandi

The Nairobi National Park is on the other side of town closer to Karen. But animals have been seen in/around the JKIA airport; recently though with fences having been installed, not as many. Though there are lots of big birds nesting in the trees along the stretch of airport road on way into NBO.

Old Jul 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM

The east gate of Nairobi NP is not that far from NBO. The west side of the park is adjacent to Karen/Langata and the east side runs almost parallel to Mombasa road. You can see it very clearly on Google Earth.