Old Jul 18th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dog fighting scandal!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940065

Awful!
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Maybe this would end if we shot some video of Michael Vick and cronies with their dogs....if you know what I mean.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 08:38 AM

Hari & Matt-
The story is being discussed over at the fodorite lounge.
I started a thread over there about it.
It is disgusting.

http://tinyurl.com/2nnmg4
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 10:22 AM

Having my own amazing pit bull pass away at almost 15 last September I couldn't be more appalled. I hope he gets the boot from the NFL and lots of jail time. I posted more on the lounge.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 10:33 AM

Michael Vick has only been indicted, and many innocent people (like the Duke Lacrosse team members) are indicted, and ultimately found innocent. The NFL, as well as the other professional leagues, corporations, governmental agencies, etc. need to have a uniform policy that differentiates between those indicted and those convicted.

I know Scooter Libby resigned after beign indicted, but I wonder if Dick and W would have fired him had Scooter had the courage to maintain his innocence and NOT resign, which obviated the Decider's need to make a decision.

The evidentiary standards in a grand jury proceeding, where all of the evidence is basically viewed in the light least favorable to the accused, makes its relatively simple to get an indictment.

Old Jul 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM

He grew up (Newport News, VA) where I spend some time working and my friends there have lots stories about what a bad person he was, even as a youth. This is not suprising to me at all.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 10:57 AM

Michael, yes, of course, not guilty yet, just indicted.

Like PB, I had a pit bull who passed away at the age of 18 and it makes me sick that these wonderful, beautiful dogs are so consistently abused. On the bright side, I was just in Southern California last weekend and at the beach I noticed how many more pit bulls there were, all with loving, caring owners. It did my heart good. The more responsible dog owners there are, the better for this truly special breed.

Fighting dogs, and even worse, the way some of them were executed: Ugh, if Vick did this there is something really, really wrong with him.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 11:18 AM

When I first graduated college, I worked at the local SPCA, as an employee, not a volunteer.
We had pit bulls for guard dogs who were about as sweet as they come.(However, we didn't share that with too many outsiders. ) I couldn't wait to see them every day as they were like my own dogs.

On the flip side, there were many occasions, when we'd have to humanely euthanize pit bulls after finding them mauled and abused and thrown in dumpsters left to die. One of the worst parts of the job and something I'll never forget.

Old Jul 18th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Michael Vick is going to be proven guilty, i have a gut feeling!!!

Besides, he is/was the most over rated QB in the NFL....

What's awful about this incident is...he was doing this more for the sport of it for entertainment purposes as the money is really nothing short of pocket change for someone like him!

Hari