Day and night in Kigali

May 22nd, 2019, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

Day and night in Kigali

Hi all. At the tail end of our trip to Africa, we will have a day and night in Kigali. I'm wondering if anyone knows the city well enough to recommend where to stay, what to see, and a tour guide to get us around. We will arrive late afternoon one day, stay over, and leave early evening the next day. Your help would be MUCH appreciated.
May 22nd, 2019, 06:23 AM

There are some very expensive international hotels in Kigali, but if you want to stay somewhere more reasonable try https://www.hotelchezlando.com/

The hotel is still managed by the sister of Lando Ndasingwa, who was one of the moderate politicians who were victims of the genocide. The hotel is near the airport, so very convenient if you are flying out the next day. We stayed there before and after doing some volunteer work, and I can recommend it. Book one of the bungalows if you can.
May 22nd, 2019, 08:38 AM

I stayed at the Lemigo Hotel on landing and the night before departure. It was very close to the international airport and a perfectly satisfying stay. No frills but very reasonably priced and a decent hotel on site.
May 22nd, 2019, 10:45 PM

Incidentally, if you stay at Chez Lando there is both a restaurant and an excellent outdoor bar & grill. We stayed there in the evenings and downed a few Mützig (excellent Rwandan beer) in the outdoor bar.
May 23rd, 2019, 05:14 AM

Sorry, my above post should have said "decent restaurant on site".
May 24th, 2019, 04:48 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, amyb and Heimdall for your assistance. I appreciate it very much!