Cario Tour

Jul 13th, 1997, 03:53 AM
Paula

Cario Tour

Looking for someone going to Cairo soon. Will share trip info and help arrange stay in Egypt.

Jul 13th, 1997, 11:18 AM
Simrin

Hi Paula:

I'm going back in June...don't know if that qualifies as "soon"! But I'd love to hear your tips, etc. I'm always on the lookout for more ideas. Email me whenever you get a chance. Thanks.

Simrin

Oct 25th, 1997, 10:12 PM
Sue Hamby

A friend and I are going to Israel and Egypt the middle of November. Would appreciate any suggestions or tips.

Oct 25th, 1997, 10:13 PM
Sue Hamby

A friend and I are going to Israel and Egypt the middle of November. Would appreciate any suggestions or tips.

Oct 27th, 1997, 07:09 PM
Simrin

Sue:

Here are just a few things to see in Israel & Egypt:

Tel Aviv-- it's a nice city with interesting museums and good restaurants. A major site near the area is Caesaria's Ruins.

Jerusalem--some major points of interest are: Dome of the Rock, Al-Aqsa Mosque, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Via Dolorosa, Wailing Wall, the Book of the Dead, and countless other things you'll encounter when you're there. A fun place to visit at night is Ben Yehuda street with the sidewalk cafes and shops.

Dead Sea--a short distance from Jerusalem. A dip in the Sea is a must, and there are shops nearby that sell skin/hair care products made from the Sea minerals. Masada is really interesting and so are the caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.

Cairo--it takes a long time to fully explore this city; it's that amazing. A few must see's: Muhammad Ali Mosque, Tomb of the Caliphs, Khan-al-Khalili marketplace, Cairo Museum, and the Giza pyramids nearby.

Karnak--the museums here are worth exploring.

Luxor--the Valley of the Kings and Queens and Hatshepsut's Temple.

Aswan--best place in Egypt to take a felucca ride, especially at sunset.

Abu Simbel--even if it costs you a lot of extra money, I definitely recommend this. The temples of Ramsess II are really incredible.

If you're going on a cruise, make sure it's a reputable one. Ours wasn't the greatest, but I've heard that the ships from the hotel chains are nice.
Have a great trip and if you have any questions about this, you can email me.

Oct 31st, 1997, 08:35 PM
Sue

Simrin: Thanks for the information. I am looking forward to the trip and appreciate the suggestions. Sounds like you have been there several times. This is my first time in Israel and Egypt but I have been lots of other places in the world from Australia, Bejing, South Africa, throughout the Orient, and throughout Europe. Can't seem to get traveling out of my system. Have a great day. What part of the world do you live in? I live in Texas.

Nov 1st, 1997, 01:26 PM
Simrin

Hi Sue...glad I could help. I know what you mean; it's awfully hard to get traveling out of your system! It's a fascinating region and you'll really enjoy it. I'm in California.

Nov 26th, 1997, 04:33 PM
Shiraz

I will be travelling to Cairo at the end of December. Any information you could provide me with regarding accomodation, side trips, nile cruise, pyramid info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
SJ

Search this Thread