Capetown - Places to stay?

May 20th, 2002, 12:29 AM
Kim

Capetown - Places to stay?

I would like any advice on decent budget to mid priced places to stay in Capetown. Also any advice on useful websites for looking up accommodation would be great. Thanks

May 20th, 2002, 02:45 AM
nikkit

Hi Kim, we stayed a really nice guesthouse called Villa Surprise (owned by an artist and has funky rooms, all different) in Camps Bay (great beach, trendy restaurants and bars etc). you can read our review and pics on http://www.i-escape.com/villasurprise.php

May 21st, 2002, 04:05 AM
tracy

Hi Kim,
I have suggested Wild Sensations Tours to many people and they have all been happy. Contact them for accommodation options, and they offer discount if you book through them, their email is [email protected]
Good luck
Tracy

May 28th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Selwyn Davidowitz

Tracy I wish that you would stop posting your blatant Wild Sensations mail advert on this excellent website. As a qualified professional tour operator / tourguide my advice to all is stay away from Wild Sensations.

Kim in response to your mail may I suggest that you go to http://www.portfoliocollection.co.za/

There you will find many places to stay and they range from the lowest to the highest prices however all of the venues promoted are of a high quality level.

If you want any further advice please feel free to write to me and I will gladly help you further to the best of my ability and with no obligation from your side. To me the ultimate aim is that you leave my wonderful city saying "what an awesome place".

I might add that I could pour out many establishments names that will offer you great accomodation service but that might look like advertising as I am a professional in the field and I would not like to compromise my professionalism in the manner that Tracy goes about doing things.

Most important factor of all is that I hope and trust that you will enjoy my city when you visit us as it truly is one of the most beautiful cities of the world.

VIVA Cape Town.

Jun 1st, 2002, 05:32 PM
Kim

Thankyou for the replies. I had a look at the wbsite you provided Selwyn and I am probably looking at more hostel style accommodation in Capetown. I'd also like advice on where the best places (locations) are to stay in Capetown that offer good nightlife and proximity to restaurants & transport. Thanks

Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:48 PM
DiDi

My husband and I just got back from Cape Town and if you are renting a car, I would strongly suggest staying at a gorgeous B & B called The Highlands.
It's a little bit out of town but the rooms were magnificent, the people that ran it very warm and friendly and the place was teeming with history.

Jul 10th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Taylor

We loved the V&A right on the Waterfront. Huge rooms, great friendly service, view of harbour and Table Mountain, and the best eggs benedict I've had (Buffet breakfast was included including made to order hot entrees). E-mail me with any specific questions.

Search this Thread