cape town township tour suggestions?

Sep 28th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

cape town township tour suggestions?

I would like to arrange for a township tour when I am in cape town on Nov5th. Does anyone have any recommendations, and do you know what it costs in Rand or US dollars?

Thanks
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:36 AM

milkypaws

Selwyn Davidowitz gets great Township Tour (Village of Kayamandi)reviews on this site..check his website out:

www.ILoveCapeTown.com (good pics too)

We have booked a Township tour with him for April 2006! He is an absolute joy professionally/personally to deal with..his passion for South
Africa really shines through.
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:04 PM

I strongly agee.Look in to getting a Township visit with Selwyn.We went with Selwyn last Sep. and it was something I will never forget. If he can't take you I am such he will recommend someone good, who can.

If you care to look at some pictures of our time there. Go to www.ilovecapetown.com Click on the photo album page and we are Sept. 05 2003.

Sep 28th, 2004, 02:12 PM

I just looked at Selwyn's website and it looks like you might want to contact him pretty quickly, as he will be on his own vacation for the month of Oct.
Sep 28th, 2004, 03:17 PM

I agree -- Selwyn took us (and a nice group of posters from HERE) for a wonderful day last May. You will be so surprised to learn what life in a township is really like. One of the highlights of our trip.
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:02 PM

I agree, as well. If Selwyn is busy, he might recommend his brother, Robert, as he very kindly did with us. Robert gave us a fabulous tour; it was a "highlight" in a series of Cape Town "highlights".

Search this Thread