British Airways- law suits

Aug 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

British Airways- law suits

Hi! I know a lot of people travel to Africa with BA......all the huge fines that are being imposed is really going to hurt them financially?

Don't know of their service and quality in the future.....

Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:28 PM

Hari,

We'd better be careful of any comments - here in the UK at least there are laws governing financial advice and I expect they exist in other parts of the world as well.

You have a question mark at the end of your first sentence but it seems to be a statement.

BA shares outperformed much of the market today in anticipation of its next quarter's results due out on Friday. Any company of this size will have already put provisions in its accounts for these sorts of occurrences when they are first known about.

Chui
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Chui,

Wasn't my intention to be offensive...just posting stuff from the news which most people must have read/watched.

Rgds,
Hari
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:59 PM

Hari-what lawsuits? nothing in my paper about that.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:13 PM

This being a travel forum I guess most participants are here to assess quality of service and safety from various service providers etc before venturing on a holiday, be it London, Bombay, NY, Nairobi, Sydney or wherever. So I don't see any harm in discussing BA's services etc in the context of current events and news reports.

On the other hand , BA is a superb airline, one of the largest in the world, and I have found the service and quality superb always, very warm and well trained staff and will choose them anytime. I travel within Europe/London quite often and BA is one of the best around.

Over the years BA have had a few ups and downs and faced many challenges and come through shining and better each time. Don't think they will buckle easily.

Travel in general is going through a rough time these days especially with record high fuel prices and security issues. BA is probably doing better than many other players.

Regards
Mohammed
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:19 AM

Nothing wrong with your comment/question, Hari. Perfectly acceptable, legally.

John
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, John...
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:44 AM

Hari (and others),

I didn't take your comment to be offensive in any way. I was simply counselling caution in any subsequent comments (not yours) about financial matters on this one. We are certainly able to pass an opinion on their service and other areas, which are a vital part of this forum.

Like Mohammed, I too use BA and normally find them professional. What I'm more concerned about with them is their unfortunate habit of losing passenger luggage! Yet again, they've been criticised for this.

Chui.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM

Chui

Unless we have a fiduciary relatiosnhip we can make whatever comments we like about their finances. Your caution does you credit, but you take it a little far.

Matt
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

and Oh! let's not forget the times the BA staff go on strike....i remember fully well the summer when i was stranded for two days at LHR (either 2003 or 2002,can't remember)when they would keep saying wait we don't know when your flight is leaving.......turned to: it may leave today, it may not.....after waiting and waiting, guess what all the airport hotels were full! Had to go into the city and return the next day to go through the same nonsense!!!