Search

British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British Airways

Help - I am booked on BA over the weekend of 28 August. If they go on strike should I plan to go to Poland by train or what do I do. Will BA refund the air tickets? Please someone, can you give me some reassurance and give me some advice.
Thanks.
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 06:36 PM
rex

Wizzair, SkyEurope and Air Polonia offer low cost alternatives if you feel that you need to buy an "insurance policy". For other city pairs than Warsaw-London, see www.whichbudget.com

BA will likely lead you to other alternatives, if necessary.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 06:53 PM
P_M

I am also planning a trip with BA in August and I was told that if my flight is cancelled for any reason, they will get me there even if it means sending me with another airline. Let's hope for the best.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 08:14 AM

I was totally unaware of any possible strike with BA.

Does anyone else have any additional information, of when this might happen.

I did a search and found a few articles but nothing really had any great details.

I am leaving in a few days to LHR and will not be returning until mid-August, I am now concerned...

Any help would be great!
Thanks!
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 08:16 AM

BA are not striking - it is the baggage handlers in Britain. Nothing to do with airlines. If you're not touching the UK nothing to worry about.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 11:54 AM

BA ground staff (check in agents, etc) MAY well strike over the August Bank Holiday, along with baggage handlers. Two sets of negotiations are taking place at the same time, but neither seems to be going very well according to media reports.

The last strike by ground staff severely hindered BA service at Heathrow...and any August strike would probably impact other UK airports too.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 03:20 PM

"If you're not touching the UK nothing to worry about" is a really misleading statement. A ground handlers strike - or even a work to rule - at LHR can have a major domino affect all over Europe and even stateside.

And even if BA does say they will put you on other carriers - there have to be seats available. There would hundreds of other travelers in the same fix, and you may have some real delays.

I would keep abreast of the negotiations via the British press (it is easy w/ all the UK papers and BBC on-line). BA customer service should be able to give you some info closer to the date. Then decide a couple of weeks ahead if you want to make other arrangements for insurance.