Boulders or Ebony - which to pick?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did they build a new spa and if so which camp is it at? Anyone know the layout in terms of which camp is further from Castleton, which is the facility they use for a family or group? <BR><BR>I think I'd like the less-stuffy dining facility of Boulders, even though this trip will be winter (which is more suited for Ebony). I've heard that two rooms at Boulders overlook the watering hole - I take it that view is not as nice as the river (although maybe you see thirty animals..)<BR>
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 07:12 PM

I've only stayed in Ebony and the river view is nice. I believe the workout spa is at Boulders, but the staff is more than willing to drive you. They are at equal distance from Castleton. We toured Castleton and it looked perfect for a family vacation. The accomodations are more modest, but there is room for quite a few people. The setting is lovely. I know of people who have split their stay between Boulders and Ebony. Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks girlpolo! What time of year were you at Ebony? Did they serve dinner outdoors at all during your stay? <BR><BR>Of your friends who split the time between both camps, did they say anything about the differences?
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 03:52 PM

My trip to Singita was in May '02 and I return this May '03. Breakfast and dinner were inside, because it was quite cool. Lunch was outside, complete with monkeys stealing the fruit! We had one dinner in the boma and one bush breakfast...both were fantastic. Although it did look as though all the guests at Ebony ate at one big table for dinner, the overall impression was that Ebony is more formal. Hope this helps : )
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Are you returning to Ebony again or trying Boulders or the new place? If you would email me at [email protected] that would be great.