Search

Cinema Hotel Tel Aviv

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Cinema Hotel Tel Aviv

Has anyone stayed at the Cinema Hotel in Tel Aviv? Reactions?
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 12:03 PM
eri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cinema Hotel is a relatively new hotel. The building used to be one of the oldest movie theaters of Tel Aviv' hence the hotel's name and the decor motive of the place. It is located directly on Dizengoff Center Plaza which is a lively and busy section of town, a few blocks from the beach - about 10 minutes walk.
I never had the need or chance to visit the hotel, but it seems to be a nice enough 3 star place. However, if you would like to be closer to the beach you could find other hotels in its price range. I hope it helps.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks Eri - we usually stay at the Yamit Park Plaza but this place is much cheaper and looks fun. I guess we'll give it a try and report back.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 02:53 PM

I stayed on the Dizengoff Plaza, corner of Zimenhoff, if I remember correctly, but it was not a Cinema hotel, that's for sure! Go out at 9 pm, hope there is still that musical fountain with fire inside, it's beautiful! We walked to most touristy places, good location. Are you ready for a huge, and I mean HUGE included breakfast I was there in 1999, so my experience is rather old, but I have a copy of my e-mails to friends describing the experience if you want to read.
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 09:06 PM

Cinema is a nice middle class hotel, BUT if you're sensitive to city noise, it's gonna be noisy... Lots of buses go through Dizengof Circle, though under the circle. As much as I know that "fire and water" sculpture is NOT working, and has not been working for years now...