Booking Egypt Air

Old May 12th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Booking Egypt Air

I need to book domestic/internal fights on Egypt Air, but the website is not accepting any of my credit/debit cards. I've read on this forum that that is fairly typical. I can get the tickets from a Orbtiz or Cheaptickets, but I just want to make sure that there won't be any problems with this method of purchasing when I go to board the plane. Has anyone booked through a second party site?
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:47 AM

Apparently it's difficult, if at all possible, to book domestic flights on the Egypt Air site. Best, then to
1) Call Egypt Air and have them book. Remember the good ole days when we did this... calling the airlines directly for reservations.
2) Go thru Orbitz or Cheaptickets and have them handle.

Once you have a confirmed ticket, you should be set to go.

Question though? Are you also booking all ground arrangements - meet/greet, hotels, tours, etc. - yourself? If so, then you have to handle the domestic air yourself. If using a tour or ground operator, have them take care of these flights!

Personally, for a few $$$s saved, if any, I don't need the aggrevation. Let someone who knows what they're doing take care of it... then if there are any problems you have a contact rather that trying to work out "issues" in a language you probably don't speak/understand.
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:46 PM

Our family ended up using a tour operator(Lady Egypt) to get our airline seats within Egypt as I could not get a definite reservation,etc.and I wanted to be sure that there was a seat with ticket for us on every flight(and I am even an airline employee)!
I found that the tour companies get blocks of tickets so many of the flights are already prebooked and saved for their customers only.
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:28 PM

Hi Memejs

Id agree with the ladies above. I just came back from Egypt the other week. Had to change my flight arrangements (due to a last minute appointment in the UK which had to be moved forward) and couldnt get a flight through the normal channels online with egyptair etc. So the tour company that I use Egypt Quality Tours offered to try and help.

I had needed a connecting flight from Luxor to Cairo and then onto London and I couldnt get it at all. However, I dont know how they did it but not only did Egypt Quality Tours get it for me, they got it for less than the flight just from Cairo To London that I was being quoted. And they got me the seats on the earlier flight that Egyptair were saying to me had all gone.

Even my flight agent that I sometimes use in the UK tried to get me the flights and she informed me that even though she could see it on screen she couldnt get a price and therefore couldnt book it.

So, I dont know how they did it, but they did it. I would therefore always recommend you try your in egypt agent to work out the stress of the flights for you as Sandi recommends.

Scotsgirl
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:22 AM

I had a problem using my credit card while booking online with Egypt Air. In my case, it was my credit card that was blocking the transaction. I called the credit card company, and they approved the transaction and they then allowed it to go through. I knew that I had to notify them as to when I would actually be in Egypt, but, I didn't realize that trying to book air tickets would be a problem, as well. Once I called them, everything went through ok.

yukon
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:53 AM

The credit card company "fraud" depts seem to be watching our activity. Better they do than not when it's something out of the ordinary.

Had the same happen when I booked an Emirates flight to Nairobi. Had barely hit "send" that my credit card company's Fraud dept was calling to verify if I had authorized the transaction.