Battle at Kruger

Aug 17th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Battle at Kruger

http://vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/3005

Have you seen this video? You may have to cut and paste.
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:29 PM

Hi msdoliz,
This has been posted a few times on fodors. It is amazing to watch, almost unbelievable What a privilege for those who were there and a privilege for us to share in that.
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:45 PM

msdotliz - did you just return to earth? How was your trip to outer space? Oh, I see you hang around the "Fodorite Lounge" a lot, bunch of space cadets in there, are there? Sorry for the sarcasm, sometimes I just can't help myself > - NOT
This video has been mentioned here about four times over the past several months and shown on national TV (USA).
I might add, that two weeks from tomorrow I will be in Kruger, yes indeed. And my plan is to take the same lion buffalo crocodile scene but with this time a hyena pack joins in. I hope the buffalo calf still survives. If this action doesn't happen for me, I'll settle for an elephant eating some plant.

regards - tom
Aug 17th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Slightly harsh Tom, though if you do get to video a similar scenario make sure fodors gets the exclusive.

Have a great trip (and I hope you don't run into too many honeymooning couples this time
Aug 17th, 2007, 02:33 PM

Ack, mancfi, don't remind me, honeymooning/newlywed couples, the curse of game drives !!!!!!
I know a little harsh, sorry ms dotliz, my self control is lacking today.
And mancfi thanks for the bon voyage, I'm sure it will all be fun. Kruger, Kings Camp, MalaMala.
regards - tom
Aug 20th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

You must visit the lounge as well Tom to know that I post there.

I am new to these boards, but so far everyone seems OK to me.
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:56 PM

Welcome msdotliz. Why did I mention the "Lounge"? Well, since your name was new to me here I clicked on it and up comes all your postings for Fodors. Most of yours being in the Lounge. Nothing wrong with that, looks like a good place for general discussion. But I haven't been back to the Lounge since then. How are things in there?

Yes, most everyone here on the Africa & middle east forum are nice folks. But, I may be the exception

BTW, I've been trying to decode your name "msdotliz". Does it have any hidden meaning? Mine doesn't, "cary999" it's an old anonymous name I use here and there. Actually, the "cary" part does have meaning, it is the name of the first dog I had. The "999" is something I had to add to make it different from all the other carys.

Anyway - CU on Fodors (but not in the Lounge )

regards - tom
ps - Tom is my real name. My last name is Graham and I am an heir to the Graham cracker food product fortune. (You know graham crackers, yes?) However, there is nothing left but CRUMBS
Aug 20th, 2007, 11:38 PM

Hi Tom

Please tell me you'll be shooting RAW this time. ;-) ;-) ;-)
I'll be off in 2 weeks time as well, SLNP, Zambia
Have a good time, and we'll compare pics & reports on our return.
Cheers
Marc
Aug 21st, 2007, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

<<BTW, I've been trying to decode your name "msdotliz". Does it have any hidden meaning?>>

No hidden meaning. I post on some other boards and my nick was ms.liz. One of the other posters started typing msDOTliz, and it kinda stuck.

I actually starting posting on the cruise boards first and then some of the other ones before I discovered the lounge. Everyone on these boards seem pretty nice and don't bash people like they do on other boards.

Have a good trip. I hope to get to Africa one of these days.
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:32 AM

Marc -I don't shoot RAW, I shoot light
Have a great safari in Zambia. I've been there twice, 2005 and 2006, to Robin Pope camps Nsefu and Tena Tena.

regards - tom
ps - RAW, maybe